Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation BBQ Relief: Give $50 and I'll send you a gift

Operation BBQ Relief: Give $50 and I'll send you a gift

In 2001, I was working on The Little Red Bullet Project, and when 9/11 happened I finished the cooker and auctioned it off for charity.

In 2004, I was working on The Two-Tone Blue Bullet Project when Hurricane Charley hit Florida and South Carolina, and I auctioned off that cooker for charity, too.

In 2015, Weber owner Steve Dixon lost almost everything except his WSM in the Middletown, CA fire, and many of you contributed in big and small amounts to help him and his family get back on their feet.

Now Hurricane Harvey has happened and so many people need help in Houston. Unfortunately I don't have a colorful WSM in my back pocket that I can auction, but I do have something smaller that I want to offer and it's something that up to 100 people can participate in.

A few weeks ago, I had 100 TVWB WSM bottle openers made. They are laser cut from 16 gauge 304 stainless steel with a brushed finish and measure about 4.75" tall.

Here's the deal: If you make a minimum $50 donation to Operation BBQ Relief and forward to me a copy of the email receipt they send you dated 9/1/17 or later (the receipt does not contain any personal info) along with your mailing address, I will send you a bottle opener. I will ship to US addresses only.

I will eat the cost of the openers and the envelopes and the postage. I would love to be able to give away all of these little guys and have a bunch of money go to Operation BBQ Relief.

Thanks,
    Chris

What exactly does BBQ Relief do?

Do they prepare smoked food for shelters, or do they venture into damaged areas to assist with repairs, and / or serve food?
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    What exactly does BBQ Relief do?
    You can read a bunch about them at the link above, but the short version is they travel to disaster areas and serve barbecue meals to displaced residents and emergency personnel. Houston is their 42nd deployment and they plan on dishing up 30,000 meals per day over the next few weeks. OBR has served over 1,000,000 meals since 2011.

A great cause led by some very sincere people, just trying to offer the comfort of a good barbecue meal to those in need.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Chris,
    I went to their website the other day but didn't see PayPal offered as a form of donation, it's my preferred payment method.
    Do you know if it's an option and I just missed seeing it?
    Cooking a steak to well done is like killing the bovine twice.

Bob,

I believe you are correct. I've always paid them via CC. Great People working for a Great Cause !
    KCBS, Operation BBQ Relief

TVWBB Member
    Chris, I just gave a Donation using my CC.

Glad I am able to help and Our Prayers are for everyone affected and to those 1st Response Teams.

Chuck H

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    You can read a bunch about them at the link above, but the short version is they travel to disaster areas and serve barbecue meals to displaced residents and emergency personnel.
    Thanks. I followed the link before posting, but I somehow missed their core mission statement.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

Stan Hays sent this out this morning...

Day 2 was our biggest second day of a deployment ever. We served approximately 25,600 meals on Thursday! Yesterday we added a new site outside Victoria, TX that will service the greater area around Victoria down to Rockport, TX.

At the time of writing this email we have orders for 20,000 hot bbq meals for lunch and have orders of just under 10,000 for dinner just in Houston and in the Victoria/Rockport area they may do up to 5000 meals today. That will put us around 35,000 meals today which would make this the most meals we have done in one day!

Our 2-day total to 39,300 hot bbq meals. See detail below:

Meals totals
    Day 1
    Houston -13,200
    Coast Guard -500
    Total - 13,700

Day 2
    Houston - 22,500
    Coast Guard - 500
    Victoria Area - 2600
    Total - 25,600

Statistics on what it took to put out 39,300 meals:

• 16,795 Pounds of Raw Pork
    • 1965 #10 Cans of Vegetables
    • 1310 Full sized aluminum pans and lids

Help us continue to serve those affected and first responders by making a donation!
    KCBS, Operation BBQ Relief

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast