FREE Genesis 2000 Redhead project grill in San Jose

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I was contacted by someone here in San Jose wanting to give me a Genesis 2000 redhead as a project grill. I don't have time or room for it, but I'm hoping one of our members in the SF Bay Area does.

The grill is available through Thursday, Sept. 7. The owner does not want to list on Craigslist. If not taken by that date, I think I will at least try to grab the lid so someone can convert their older Genesis to a redhead. The Durawood shelves are not original to the grill, the owner says he added them later, says they are in OK shape. I see surface rust in the pics, owner says the biggest issue is the rails that hold the drip tray have rusted out (which are available as replacement parts).

Could make a very satisfying project for someone. Let's try to give this gasser a new home!

Send me a PM if interested.

N2cYUNt.jpg

Uhu7gBs.jpg

zdvt6Ap.jpg

ZRTNzCb.jpg

I live in Santa Clara (near Valley Fair) and have a 2000 LP that I want to donate everything except the frame. My wife would kill me if I brought another refurb to do. IF there are any locals that want to do a refurb or want any of these parts (except the frame) let me know.
36509658150_74dec6edef_z.jpg

36509658500_83915b73de_z.jpg

Chris, might want to drop some hints about this in the gasser section. Can't speak for others, but I only pop in and browse this section once every blue moon, whereas I'm in the gasser section multiple times per day.

I got the lid and the durawood components and the three tool hangers from the grill in my original post, but we couldn't fine anyone to take the whole thing, so the owner trashed the rest of it.

I have passed along the folding table assy and the tool hangers to BryanL. I still have the other four Durawood shelf sections and the red lid with Durawood handle if anyone wants them. I'll try to get the lid cleaned up and post a pic at some point.

I have passed along the folding table assy and the tool hangers to BryanL. I still have the other four Durawood shelf sections and the red lid with Durawood handle if anyone wants them. I'll try to get the lid cleaned up and post a pic at some point.

I sent you a PM
Thanks
Rich

Back