Green Head

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I haven't seen much talk on here regarding Green Head grill lids. While I am not generally a big fan of the color green, I do think the lids look good on the older Genesis grills. Another thing I noticed is that they don't seem to have the same issue of small black spots in the pigment like the Red Heads seem to have. I just cleaned up my second one and they both cleaned up really well. The second one was a PIA on the inside though...not sure what the guy cooked in there.

But I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the Green Heads or if there is any thing special about them other than their color. The two I had were both made in 2000 and had unique serial numbers that didn't compute on the Weber web site. I emailed CS at Weber and they said they were "Exclusive" models and that is why they couldn't be registered. Were all Green Heads "exclusive"? My grills didn't look any different than any other Silver B from that era, other than the fact that they had green lids.

Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce

Here's mine before and after:

jpIUtR4h.jpg

fBQMnqlh.jpg

KkVBCB3h.jpg

Last edited:
Bryan, that isnt my grill. I was just asking for thoughts on the green heads. That grill belongs to Dustin.

Dustin is a charcoal guy, but look at his gorgeous gasser! I'm thinking of going to the dark side, meaning that charcoal is black. It would be great to slow down a little in life in general! Cook over some hours ....

Thyde: I have already done a couple 3+ hour rotisserie chickens on my gasser and even smoked some fish. All came out great.

Yes, yes. Rotisserie, charcoal grills. These are the future. For now, it's one nine year old, three seven year olds, and no time (we both have kids from our pasts, just twins not triplets).

Looking forward to charcoal, slowing down, etc, but not for a little while!

I think gas is by far the easiest way to grill. And if you do it right, you can do it low and slow.

Bruce, I've had my Greenie since 1999, I bought it new. The green lids like you said don't have the black spot problem. Mine still looks like new. Not sure what Weber is talking about because mine is registered with Weber.

Was a 1000 now a 2000
36758629936_af6be7c1aa_b.jpg

Very nice grill. The propane tank stands out as the most unkempt part of the grill. hahaha.

Very nice grill. The propane tank stands out as the most unkempt part of the grill. hahaha.

You're right it's an ugly tank.That's an exchange bottle I got with a parts grill. When it's empty I'll just return it as I have six or seven tanks I own. That's why I didn't clean it up

That was just intended as a joke. But yah, the damn tank does stick out against the beautiful grill. I suppose a guy could just custom paint his tank and then just keep refilling it without exchanging it.

That was just intended as a joke. But yah, the damn tank does stick out against the beautiful grill. I suppose a guy could just custom paint his tank and then just keep refilling it without exchanging it.

Well in all honesty I would do that but the tank is expired so I would have to get it recertified before I could get it filled again. Really not worth the hassle.

Back