Bacon Wrapped Idea for BBQ Comp

Matthew

TVWBB Pro
Entering a Local BBQ Comp and need a good idea for an Open Division

I have done Armadillo eggs, ABT's and Moinks... All great. Got 2nd with the Armadillo eggs...

I was thinking of doing another bacon wrapped idea...

Maybe a Smoked Cheese, with beef or pork, wrapped with Bacon..throw in a slice of Jalapeno?

Ideas?

We did bacon wrapped Italian sausage

Bacon and sausage

Weaved said bacon

Layed sausage on bacon weave; put cooked bacon sprinkled on top as well

My buddy holding the bomb

Cooked up

Opened up

I have to say it was actually better the next day heated up on a frying pan!

I have done the tot thing with a slice of pickled jalapeño, it is a crowd pleaser to be sure! Bacon wrapped almond stuffed mushroom caps with a sprinkle of a slightly sweet rub is pretty darned good. Pork wings are one of my favorites:
Bite sized pieces of pork tenderloin wrapped with half a piece of bacon done either indirect on the kettle or in the smoker just lightly dusted with a favorite rub and served with a sweet chili sauce can be made in advance, frozen and used as ice until reaching a destination where grilled for a reward for the drive!

John, what is a "Swineapple"? I know what a horse apple is and am pretty sure it's not the porcine equivalent but, one never knows.

Last edited:
Thanks John, sounds like it might be good with pork wings and a banana cream pie!
Thanks for the link too, some "interesting" pictures there! Wife loves pineapple so, I think I might need to get some of those on the kettle this weekend!!

Last edited:
I just tried to make one of these with Cheese? two FAILS.. AND FAILS big time... Only positive, I grilled the pineapple and tonight will make a Pineapple bacon bbq cheese burger...

Won the Open competition.

7szjMDU.jpg

1R9dbCBm.jpg

Last edited:

Back