Pizza Dough Recipe by Barb D

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Looks great!! Can you share the dough recipe?

Homemade Thin Crust Pizza

Makes two 10 inch pizzas:

¾ cups lukewarm water
1 teaspoon active dry or instant yeast
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt

Combine the water and yeast in a mixing bowl, and stir to dissolve the yeast. The mixture should look like thin miso soup. Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until you’ve formed a shaggy dough.

Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface with corn meal on it. Knead until all the flour is incorporated, and the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. The dough should still feel moist and slightly tacky. If it’s sticking to your hands and counter top like bubble gum, work in more flour one tablespoon at a time until it is smooth.

If you have time at this point, you can let the dough rise until you need it or until doubled in bulk (about an hour and a half). After rising, you can use the dough or refrigerate it for up to three days.

Cover the dough with the upside down mixing bowl or a clean kitchen towel while you prepare the pizza toppings. Roll out dough on corn meal counter until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for five minutes and then continue rolling. I put corn meal on my peel to transfer it to either the grill or pizza stone. Bake about 10 minutes or until the crust is done.

Enjoy Barb

Still the best dough recipe. I've made several pizzas, the good ones are almost always this recipe. There have been no bad ones using this recipe

Thanks Chuck, and THANK YOU BARB!!!!!!!!

DH was just telling me about the terrible people working at both Little Caesars near us. I think he is going to start making his own pizza's. Printing out your recipe for him right now. Thanks again. ;)

This very similar to the Bobby Flay recipe that I use, so I agree it's pretty fool proof. The differences are he almost doubles the recipe for larger pizzas, the use of a stand mixer which I find essential for my arthritic hands, the addition of 2 tbsp EVOO (double the dough), and the use of bread flour for a crispier crust (all-purpose gives a chewier crust apparently). Instead of dividing in two parts, I divide in 4 for smaller pizzas, use one that day and freeze the others. So, much the same.

I'm not sure we prep the pizza the same, Barb. I par heat the rolled dough on the upper custom grate of my Genesis til crusty, remove, flip and add toppings before putting back on the grill to bake at high heat.

But one burning question for anyone. Why is it we cover the rising dough? Cleanliness, trapping warmth or something else. It's always bothered me, but I always do it. Discretion, you know.

Thanks Chuck, and THANK YOU BARB!!!!!!!!

DH was just telling me about the terrible people working at both Little Caesars near us. I think he is going to start making his own pizza's. Printing out your recipe for him right now. Thanks again. ;)
DH reminded me that he IS NOT JUST STARTING to make his own pizza. YES, he has been making pizzas for quite a long time. Sorry dear.:love: I should have said that he is going BACK to making our pizzas.

Back