My sight seeing ThermoWorks SMOKE, according to UPS

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
It left UT the 21st, arrived in CO the 23rd, then to KS on the 23rd, then to St Louis the 23rd, and today it's leaving CO again. :rolleyes:
At one time it was supposed to be delivered last Thursday the 24th, now it says tomorrow the 29th.
I'll let it rest when it gets here, I'm sure it will be tired.

LOCATIONDATELOCAL TIMEACTIVITY
Commerce City, CO, United States08/28/20173:06 A.M.Departure Scan
Earth City, MO, United States08/23/201711:39 P.M.Arrival Scan
Kansas City, KS, United States08/23/20177:40 P.M.Departure Scan
08/23/20177:17 P.M.Arrival Scan
Commerce City, CO, United States08/23/20178:16 A.M.Departure Scan
Orem, UT, United States08/21/20179:08 P.M.Origin Scan
United States08/21/20175:02 P.M. (ET)Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Like I've always said when I traveled a lot. I want to go all the places my luggage has been.
Barb and I went to Hawaii once and our luggage went to London. Went to Washington DC, luggage went to Mexico City. And on and on.

Let it get a good nights sleep and it will be fine.

It'll be worth the wait - trust me :cool:

Wonder if the shipment was set-up as "Signature Required" and UPS managed to show-up during the half-hour when you were out doing something...
Sounds like It has been attempting to "return to the Mothership"

It seems like whenever I order something, and am REALLY looking forward to receiving it, the odds of shipping-time problems is directly proportional to my Anticipation (ugh!)

Following the path it's taken so far, the next logical step for it is to end up back in UT. :p Hope it comes soon!

Wonder if the shipment was set-up as "Signature Required" and UPS managed to show-up during the half-hour when you were out doing something...
Nope, been home every day when my UPS alarm goes off.
That would be our yellow lab Brooke, she barks whenever the brown truck comes into the neighborhood.

Overall, I've had very little problems with UPS. That is when they handle the delivery, start to finish. When they partner up with a contract carrier, that's when I've run into problems. The contract carrier's tracking is unreliable at best and delivery times can be any time, I had a delivery after 10:00 pm. Fed Ex is worse. They partner with USPS and that is a complete mess. Our local post office has reduced hours to save costs, so a package can arrive in Redding UPS facility where it is handed off to USPS. I may not see it for 2 or 3 days.

Yeah that SmartPost used by FedEx to USPS is pretty lame.

We've had Amazon Prime items delivered here on Sunday via USPS.
Saw one of their Jeeps in here yesterday.

Nope, been home every day when my UPS alarm goes off.
That would be our yellow lab Brooke, she barks whenever the brown truck comes into the neighborhood.

Yup! I hear ya' on that one.

We have the "quad-Redundant, Hillbilly Alarm System" = 4 Basset / Beagle mixes.
"Mailman Time" (Or ANY sort of delivery / doorbell...) is the HIGHLIGHT of their day!
Even our 15-year-old, deaf dog gets revved-up, because she sees all of the other dogs howling.
Sometimes, you cannot even hear yourself THINK!

(Although it had been worse in the past - Rosscoe, who went "over the bridge" a few years ago, had a yelp that would resonate our doorbell chime:
Yarf! (hummmmm..........), Yarf!mmmmmmm.......... [you get the picture - it's funny and a fond memory NOW]

Yeah that SmartPost used by FedEx to USPS is pretty lame.
nosEhit! I've had a package that sat in the FedEx building 12 miles from here for three days. On the 4th, they "transferred" it to the local postal office only to have them send it back to Texas, the original location of purchase.

Then, the spices I ordered from Penzey's in Milwaukee, 22 miles away. USPS sent my spices to California... I got them 9 days later.

It's made it back to Kansas City, KS, left there and now it's supposedly in Lenexa, KS. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bob;
My Smoke was delivered on a Sunday. I believe you will be really happy with your Smoke when it finally arrives:rolleyes:. I did my first cook a couple of days ago with the new Smoke (Boston Butt for pulled pork). I really like it. It is not only accurate but intuitive to use (which is more than I can say for my much used Maverick 732). When I have to have two smokers going (not very often) it'll be nice to have both. My Maverick will get used little in the coming years, I suspect.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

...still debating whether to purchase the Gateway....
maybe if I order it today, i'll get it in November.

Glory be! Look what the big brown truck brought me today.
It picked up some hitchhikers along the way, two tiny ants were in the box too, probably after my Jelly Belly beans. :(

As soon as I opened the box, the transmitter started playing this:

Back