ThermoWorks Smoke WiFi Gateway now available

Thanks for the heads up! I have been waiting on this puppy for some time. My offset smoker is parked behind my detached garage and the included receiver loses signal when I step into my livingroom, So I wasted no time ordering one. :cool:

The eagle has landed. http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke-Gateway?tw=VWB&chan=TVWBB

Received my pack of Jelly Belly today :)

Mine were melted...very hot on the UPS truck today.

QxdOVpn.jpg

I'm a sucker for gadgets, but its not available in the UK. So shipping & taxes extra. Would have to really good for that. Might wait for the review from Chris before I commit :)

I'm a sucker for gadgets, but its not available in the UK. So shipping & taxes extra. Would have to really good for that. Might wait for the review from Chris before I commit :)

Hi Paul,

I'm also in the UK, had read elsewhere that it is for sale in US only - is it ok to import and use here without issue or are there technical reasons that they are not reselling tehm overseas? ie - does it work!

Thanks

Martin

Hi Paul,

I'm also in the UK, had read elsewhere that it is for sale in US only - is it ok to import and use here without issue or are there technical reasons that they are not reselling tehm overseas? ie - does it work!

Thanks

Martin

I don't know Martin. It comes with a power adaptor and usb charger, which charges the internal battery. It has a CE approval, but I would check with the manufacturer, if its suitable for UK voltage & frequencies. Some adaptors are universal. I bought a Maverick in the end, which does for me.

Paul M

Thanks Paul, I had assumed you'd bought it.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, especially with CE cert, but I don't want to drop the $$ unless confirmed!

I have asked ETI in the UK but they said they weren't going to sell them and they have alternative devices more suitable - I already have the smoke so this would be the best option to me to to extend the range.

Thanks Paul,

Update - I've had confirmation from Thermoworks that is good for UK use...

I'm sure that the adapter is a standard 5vDC USB type charger, plenty of scope there if it is!

Cheers

Back