Thermoset right side swing up table for a silver C?

KevinRH

Hi,
Where can I find a right side thermoset table?

I have a silver C grill like this and not sure if my grill had a right side flip up table originally or not ... but I was hoping to find one somewhere?
I assume they are all interchangeable?

41ZHQ7716NL.jpg

Looking for something like the below pic, right side table

SWE%20Gen%20Gold.JPG

thanks in advance
Kevin

Kevin,

I did this mod on my Silver B earlier this summer. I bought the right-side table from a local guy that sells Weber grills and parts. You will also need the trim piece on the right that has the hole for the table to hook into. Take a look at my posts >>here<< and >>here<<

The tables are not that easy to come by, and no longer available new from Weber. My recommendation would be to look for donor grills on Craigslist that has the right-side table. The trim pieces are available from Weber, though.

Also, depending on the shape of the work table, there are also slight variances on the shape of the swing up table. In both of your pics, the swing up table has a "square" shape. On the later models, the work tables have a curved lip on the front and the trim pieces and the swing up table have rounder edges to match.

Last edited:
The Silver C didn't come with a right side table. Are you looking to remove the side burner and replace it with a table?

The "Premium" models did in fact come with a right-side table, and I"m willing to bet his grill frame already has the provisions on the right front leg for a right-side table.

Check out the owner's manual in PDF format here

appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/weber/genesis-silver-c-ng-w-premium-upgrades--2000-2001-.html

You don't need a grill that has the burner. I am working on a grill now that has double drop down thermoset tables but doesn't have the regular table on the right side.

The "Premium" models did in fact come with a right-side table, and I"m willing to bet his grill frame already has the provisions on the right front leg for a right-side table.

appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/weber/genesis-silver-c-ng-w-premium-upgrades--2000-2001-.html

It does have the hinge holes in the frame and lock down/stay up bracket.
Try to get pics up tomorrow.

thanks Kevin

I'm trying to do the same thing myself. Took the end cap and flip up table from a trashed Gold C. Problem I am running into is that my Silver B doesn't have a lock down/stay up bracket on the right side. The one on the Gold C is welded to the top frame. I can mount the table, but all it's going to do at this point is hang there.

Hmmmm, I have a silver B that I am working on now that has the swing table on both sides along with the lock up/down bracket for both sides.

yogCE2W.jpg

Hello,

Bruce thanks for the pic -

To All -
Who are the old weber genesis part hoaders on this board?
Does anyone have one for sale?

thanks Kevin

Yes, you will need a special cap as well that has the drop down mount for the swing pivot bar. The right hand ones are kind of hard to come by. I had to find a donor grill for one of my rebuilds because I trashed the end cap trying to remove it. I just don't get how rust can seize plastic to metal like that. I nearly trashed the donor grill cap as well. It took cutting the frame and removing it with the frame on it and then using an angle grinder with a cutting wheel to essentially cut the frame off of the cap. Keep an eye on CL. Eventually a cheap (maybe free) donor grill will pop up. Otherwise you can probably get one from weber or another online source, but it will likely cost you.

Never saw one of those. Pretty cool!

Kevin,

There's a guy on ebay selling a collection of parts from his Genesis Gold. I see the both swing tables, a side burner, the manifold for the side burner etc etc (the swing tables appear to be the "square" shape variety)

> here <

You may be able to sell the manifold + side burner to someone here or back on ebay and recoup some of your $... or email the guy and ask if he'd sell the right side table separately? Doesn't hurt to ask, you know?

Last edited:
I messaged him... we will see what he says.

"square" tables? Are there more than one kind of table for these grills?

thanks Kevin

I messaged him... we will see what he says.

"square" tables? Are there more than one kind of table for these grills?

thanks Kevin

round:

Ep9VC2S.jpg

square:

SWE%20Gen%20Gold.JPG

The rule of thumb is... if the work table has a round lip, then the swing table will have a round edge, and vice versa.

It's very subtle... but you can see it. Tell me if you can't.

Here's my grill that has square work tables and round swing tables, but this is because I mixed and matched what was available. It didn't come from the factory this way.

35558124490_b719971d70_h.jpg

Tell me you see what I'm talking about. ;)

Last edited:
Jkim: I like those black control knobs. Well, the rest of the grill is pretty dang nice too, but I don't recall seeing the black knobs before.

Kevin,

There's a guy on ebay selling a collection of parts from his Genesis Gold. I see the both swing tables, a side burner, the manifold for the side burner etc etc (the swing tables appear to be the "square" shape variety)

> here <

You may be able to sell the manifold + side burner to someone here or back on ebay and recoup some of your $... or email the guy and ask if he'd sell the right side table separately? Doesn't hurt to ask, you know?

This guy is kinda a crook. He is padding his price in the shipping. $65 shipping is just nuts

Jkim: I like those black control knobs. Well, the rest of the grill is pretty dang nice too, but I don't recall seeing the black knobs before.

Thanks, Bruce.

I think they were from a 2005 Genesis Silver B "Premium" model that supplied the knobs. The rest of the grill that was a rusty pile and very little else was worth keeping except for the firebox+lid.

Back