KBB labor day sale

Matt in CT

TVWBB Member
i see that lowes has the KBB twin pack on sale for 25% off. $14.99 for the 18.6lb twin pack through 8/30.

i dont see any deals at home depot...

i've been keeping an eye out hoping for another 1/2 price sale so i can reload, hard to pay full boat when they offer these sales

i've been keeping an eye out hoping for another 1/2 price sale so i can reload, hard to pay full boat when they offer these sales

No doubt about that, I'm so used to getting it at half price. Fortunately I took inventory this morning and I think I'm good. 8 bags of 18# KBB which I bought on sale, 8 bags of Weber that I got at $6.98 a bag, 2 bags of RO that I got on sale and 1.5 bags of Cowboy lump that I got on sale. Hopefully this will carry me until next spring.

Same here, with the early fire restrictions and then the monsoons we didn't go through a lot of charcoal. Also using the JJ instead of the performer all the time saved a bunch too. Got 15 18# KBBs# 3 Royal Oak and 2 Stubbs. That will hold me for quite some time.

I did score 200lbs of the Weber briquettes at the target sale. I believe I have 3 of the 18lb kingsford left and a partial royal oak. I liked the way the Weber worked so much I had it I my head that I would reserve it for the WSM. I haven't tried it in the kettle as of yet....

I did score 200lbs of the Weber briquettes at the target sale. I believe I have 3 of the 18lb kingsford left and a partial royal oak. I liked the way the Weber worked so much I had it I my head that I would reserve it for the WSM. I haven't tried it in the kettle as of yet....

I have only gotten and used a sample bag so far, but I tried it in my kettle. I loved it for my kettle. It burned super hot and, unlike KBB, after the cook was done, I was able to use it again without fear of it burning out too quickly to complete the next cook. Because of its smaller-than-Weber size, KBB makes me nervous that it won't be as hot or last long enough using just leftovers. Also, since I haven't seen the Weber on sale here, it's not as economical to fuel my WSM with it. Yet. :cool: So, for me, I'd go the other way: I'd use the Weber in my kettle only and use KBB in my WSM.

Any idea if Stubbs is going to be a part of the sale? Its not on the Lowes website yet.

I passed on extra bags of clearance Weber briquettes so I could get Stubbs and use my online coupons to make it a really great deal. However, if they don't go on sale ($5.99) like last year, I am going to be kicking myself for not picking up another 10 bags of Weber briquettes.

i see that lowes has the KBB twin pack on sale for 25% off. $14.99 for the 18.6lb twin pack through 8/30.

i dont see any deals at home depot...

Dang, didn't they used to be 9.99? Seesh.

Thanks for the reassurance Bob! I'm down to maybe 7 bags, I will restock when the deal comes along again. I "need" at least 6 doubles to feel "safe" through the winter!
I love food!

Have been debating with the wife if we want to go to the states for a quick visit around this time again to pick up the double bag when it is on for labour day sales.

Nice!! i figured there would be a promotion, but was thrown when I saw that lowes had it at 25% off

I had to do some work related errands today, and it just so happened they took me by a Target store. I scored the last 4 bags of Weber briquettes for $5.98 that were in my area.

Nice!! i figured there would be a promotion, but was thrown when I saw that lowes had it at 25% off

I had to do some work related errands today, and it just so happened they took me by a Target store. I scored the last 4 bags of Weber briquettes for $5.98 that were in my area.

You can be assured that HD will have it for the same price as well. That 2 bag limit at Lowes may not apply to online orders so keep that in mind once the sale starts.

No doubt about that, I'm so used to getting it at half price. Fortunately I took inventory this morning and I think I'm good. 8 bags of 18# KBB which I bought on sale, 8 bags of Weber that I got at $6.98 a bag, 2 bags of RO that I got on sale and 1.5 bags of Cowboy lump that I got on sale. Hopefully this will carry me until next spring.

You need to cook more, Pat! ;)

My Lowe's paper here in Las Vegas, NV shows Kingsford on sale for $9.88 for the two pack. Differential pricing depending on location???

Back