Genesis 5000

JakeCA

Hi

So I think I'm hooked a little. From what I can tell its a Genesis 5000 and it's in really good condition, grabbed it for $25 on CL. I will be starting the strip down this weekend. Any recommendations?

Great find I would have snatched that in a heartbeat too. Take your time and do it right, that's one rare bird.

As a owner of a glass-door Weber I second all the picture request, from start to finish too.

Jeff

So what exactly is a 5000? I think I currently have a 3000 which I converted to a 2000. I had a 3000, which in my estimation is a deep firebox Genesis with a side table, flip up table on the left and a side burner on the right. In my case, I deleted the side burner on the right and added another side table, since that is what I use more. I never used the burner. Also, I deleted the swing up table since again I never used it. So maybe I have a 2500?

In any event what is a 5000 technically?

Have fun!

Tim

So what exactly is a 5000? I think I currently have a 3000 which I converted to a 2000. I had a 3000, which in my estimation is a deep firebox Genesis with a side table, flip up table on the left and a side burner on the right. In my case, I deleted the side burner on the right and added another side table, since that is what I use more. I never used the burner. Also, I deleted the swing up table since again I never used it. So maybe I have a 2500?

In any event what is a 5000 technically?

Have fun!

Tim
Is it the wood swing up table or the plastic? I just got a Redhead that was missing the wooden swing table. I third the pic request.

Tim,
For reference-my "5000" series Weber.

Glass front doors, wood shelving.

fYltBXi.jpg

Jeff

That is cool. But, I probably wouldn't care for the glass doors. I wonder what Weber was selling those for back in the day.

What is the purpose of that thing on the left of the cooking grates? Not the rotisserie, but the flat panel next to the grates.

Bruce,
That's a Weber #9880 Steam-N-Chips Smoker kit.I have one as well in my Platinum II.
You can add the Weber wood smoke chips (or anyone's) to give it a bit of flavor.

Jeff

Last edited:
A smoker. How does it work. I didn't know they made a "smoker" for older grills. I would love one for my 1000 if they are any good.
Any information you can provide on that would be great.
Thanks,
Bruce

Jeff, how well do they work? I would pay that if I knew they worked good.

Oh, the guy wants almost as much for shipping as he does for the part.

It comes with a slightly smaller grill grate and several smaller items-

FtRnpRlh.jpg

They work OK, not as good as a Charcoal grill but you can taste/smell the flavor difference.

Jeff

Last edited:

Back