Looking to sell 18" WSM. What price is fair?

Tom Wills

TVWBB Member
Hello, I have an older WSM and need advice on selling price. I figured this was were the experts hung out and were far more knowledgeable than me.

It is the older one without a heat shield, no predrilled gromets for probes, etc and I did not do any aftermarket upgrades.

Northeast Ohio area. Lake County. Any advice will be helpful.

I see the more-modern used models staring around $150.00 or so. Considering how old yours is, could it possibly be considered a classic grill?

Tom, it's worth whatever you can get out of it!! I know this a very vague answer, but my advice to you is make someone feel like they have to have YOUR smoker. Last year I listed my 18" WSM on Craigslist.....it was 10 or 11 years old and I only added side handles. I hoped to get $175 for it, so I listed it at $210. In my listing I made it seem like if you bought it, you would be the envy of the neighborhood....list it quick and use the holiday weekend and summer bbqs to your advantage as well. I ended up getting full asking price for mine, so I'm a firm believer that it's all in the way you list it!!
Good luck,
Tim

I struck a deal with a member here for $125 we met and had a nice chat, both felt good about the deal. I wish you the same pleasant transaction!

Thank you all so much for the responses. I will get pictures and list it on Craigslist ASAP. I am goibg to throw in my little Smokey Joe and some charcoal. Thanks again!

Tom, it's worth whatever you can get out of it!! I know this a very vague answer, but my advice to you is make someone feel like they have to have YOUR smoker. Last year I listed my 18" WSM on Craigslist.....it was 10 or 11 years old and I only added side handles. I hoped to get $175 for it, so I listed it at $210. In my listing I made it seem like if you bought it, you would be the envy of the neighborhood....list it quick and use the holiday weekend and summer bbqs to your advantage as well. I ended up getting full asking price for mine, so I'm a firm believer that it's all in the way you list it!!
Good luck,
Tim

How true!

I detailed write-up means a lot.

I ended up sellling the WSM and cover for $175. He didn't want the chimney, Smokey Joe, or charcoal so I still have those.

Nice!! It's gone and you got to keep some toys! Seems like a win win in my book!! Plus with the smokey joe, you can make a mini WSM if you wanted, and still have a grill, a smoker, and about $145 in your pocket!
Glad you were able to sell it,
Tim

The reason I originally bought the smokey joe was for the mini project. I just never got around to it. The best part is, I bought the WSM for $150 about 6 years ago.

Back