Hello From Northern Virginia

Tom Cowsert

Happy Solar Eclipse Day,

Just got a 22" WSM and can't wait to get it assembled and smoking. Wish me luck. I haven't used charcoal in decades, but am looking forward to the journey.

I currently have a MAK 2-Star General pellet smoker/grill. This is my first smoker. I decided I wanted a heavier smoke flavor on my meats and decided on the WSM. I considered ceramic, but that is just simply too expensive at this time.

Cheers,

Tom

Welcome aboard Tom. If you haven't looked at The Virtual Weber Bullet website there's a link at the top of the page and Chris has a section on Operating tips and mods. It makes good reading and is very helpful for first time WSM users. Of course questions on this forum are encouraged. There are no dumb questions - I asked all of them. ;) Sure hope you find these folks as helpful as I have.

Thank you, Lew. I actually found the Virtual Weber Bullet site first. I am finding a ton of useful information between that and this forum. Happy I found both.

Welcome, Tom! Former Bristow resident here, now living on the Fairfax/Chantilly border.

Welcome Tom. You won't regret getting the WSM. I predict that there be a lot of good eats coming out of that smoker.

Back