Pizza from the wrong side of town

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
I never got along with my KettlePizza. It was an early model & didn't have the upgrades now available.
After more than a few pies that got thrown in the garbage, I got rid of it. So for more than a few years, I made pizza in the oven in the kitchen.
Anyway.... got a great deal on a Blackstone Patio Oven ($192 + tax, iirc) at Walmart a month ago.
It took a little experimenting to get the temperature adjusted.
Straight out of the box mine cooked at 850*. Currently, it's running at 650*.

A couple of pies from last night's cook. It was too dark outside to take pix.

Mozz, Asiago, Ricotta, Arugula & Prosciutto.

TYqpLZg.jpg

Asiago, Kalamata, Jalapeno/Garlic stuffed Green, Picholine, Shallot & Pimento. The crust had toasted walnut pieces in it.

EUnLrna.jpg

Both pies were great. Even though I had drained & dried the olives well, the olive pizza was a bit on the salty side. Beer helped rectify that.
I really like the Blackstone oven. It sure is convenient to use & does a beautiful job. It's a keeper.

1575_Patio_Oven-600x706.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent Pizzas Robert! That Blackstone Oven served you well. Next time we need action photos :)

Got to agree with you I had a dedicated performer for my kettle pizza and really was never happy with the results for the amount of effort involved. Sold the performer and the KP hangs in the garage now. I just use my other performer with a pizza stone and it works just fine really can't tell the difference.
Anyway those pies look great, that Blackstone works well.

Those pies look great Robert. I have a Blackstone that sits on top of the gasser but I can't get enough heat into it for my purposes. Sounds like you don't have that problem.

Got to agree with you I had a dedicated performer for my kettle pizza and really was never happy with the results for the amount of effort involved. Sold the performer and the KP hangs in the garage now. I just use my other performer with a pizza stone and it works just fine really can't tell the difference.
Anyway those pies look great, that Blackstone works well.
I just bought one with the baking sheet for the top. We are blown away with the results. I've read the baking sheet takes it to the next level.

Back