Bacon on the Weber Q

PeterL

TVWBB Member
Just cooked my first pound of bacon on the Q200. I cooked it directly on the grate on medium-high.

Wow! Great taste, drippings go in the catch pan, and no heat or smell in the house. I have found my new go-to bacon cooker.

Bold move!!!!!!, instead of cooking bacon on the grate, I have always used a cast iron fry pan or a griddle, been afraid of having a flaming Q---

Yah, I would be very worried about a flare up with bacon if you are cooking directly on the grates.

I've done it many times with all my grills. It does not flare as much as you'd think but I am lukewarm on the flavor. IMO good bacon should be baked or fried. Grilled gives it a "charred" taste that IMO detracts from the wonderful smoke of a good bacon

There was no flare up or grease fire cooking directly on the grate. I bought the griddle and will be trying it this week with a pound of bacon.

There was no flare up or grease fire cooking directly on the grate. I bought the griddle and will be trying it this week with a pound of bacon.

Yeah I have had no fire or flare up either doing it on the Q (or even on my other grills) I just did not care for the flavor of the bacon "grilled" is all

Yeah I have had no fire or flare up either doing it on the Q (or even on my other grills) I just did not care for the flavor of the bacon "grilled" is all

I liked it but my family was ambivalent so I guess it will be griddle Q bacon from now on.

Back