Vortex flappers n' franks

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
Did some hotdogs and wings here.

One of these days I'll go lighter on the rub....yessaday was not that day.

Made a batch of hotdog chili. Man Cave Meals version. The stuff is killer on hotdogs, brats and burgers. It's reason alone to make them.

Howdy, Dan.

I didn't really time anything.

Just tossed 'em in there when I felt like the wings were getting 2/3 done.

Took a large pan outside along with a large mixed drink & a refill and fired up the tunes and enjoyed the afternoon/evening. Grilling is a great way to knock down stress.

Last edited:
Love Chile dogs and yours looks great, so do the flappers. Went and got the Chili dog chili recipe and will add it to my collection of chili recipes.
Also welcome to the forum.

Thank's everyone.

It's John Setzler's Man Cave Meals Hotdog Chili.

It is a must-have item that my family demands whenever we do hotdogs. I love the stuff, too.

Ingredients:

12 oz of a beer of your choice (choices here will change the flavor of the chili)
1 lb ground beef (I used 93/7 but 90/10 would work well too)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 1/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup yellow mustard
3 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions:

Place the ground beef in a dutch oven and mash it up completely. Try to chop it up as finely as possible so no large clumps remain. Just as the ground beef is almost brown, dump in 12 ounces of beer (I used

Sierra Nevada Glissade) and bring to a slow boil. Let the ground beef boil slowly in the beer for about 15-20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to the dutch oven and return to a slow boil, stirring regularly. Allow the chili to reduce to a consistency that you like and then simmer covered for 30-45 minutes

WOW!!! That is one awesome cook. Everything look so good and your plated pic really tells the story. Welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing more of your cooks.

Back