Butcher Chuck Eyes

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I was really happy with the Chuck Eyes from Winco a couple days back, decided I need a couple from the Butchers $28 in total

69D653A5-77DF-4E8D-8A18-8AE536B68A5F_zps9b86lmpk.jpg

Gonna need some smoke taters with that....

14DF7F10-93D9-4B4B-B8EA-F68076DDB521_zpsgmxfkq4o.jpg

First flip

04DCBA77-DDEE-4531-BCE6-A71C240C5155_zpsdb0oadlw.jpg

A flip or two later

32B84E58-E37C-4712-A036-0C83A12B8FF6_zpskrncobwc.jpg

Chuck is in love

F3934849-09F3-40FB-B084-25B752E1BB12_zpskqcvwphq.jpg

66415830-4E91-4236-9A75-7855E8AE35AD_zpsoen4z5ow.jpg

My plate

B7441AC7-A00F-454B-9F8D-C8952AFC790D_zpskbdxpvx2.jpg

Wonderful flavor, but not as tender as I would have thought. Might be because I flipped them a time or two more than I would have liked, but I didn't want to crust them up too much. Still.....very good Chucks, might be my favorite steak. Go figure :)

I looked for some CEs the other day - they seem to sell out pretty early.

I've never seen such big CE steaks though! Usually, they're thinner & smaller pieces.... (I've only bought them a handful of times)

I've never seen such big CE steaks though! Usually, they're thinner & smaller pieces
My son thinks they were steaks cut from the Chuck Roast, not steaks cut from the Chuck Eye. I'm inclined to believe that, they weren't as tender as I had hoped. But they were good

Man those are some big steaks. Your plated pic was amazing and love your side dishes.

Last edited:
I think your son might be right. Regardless, those look delicious Chuck. Nice job indeed. I'm not entirely sold on Winco meats. I do like their pork and it's the about the only place in town that sells whole chicken wings, occasionally Food Maxx. I don't get much beef there though.

Barb and I really like CEs, but pretty rare around here. Looks like you nailed those steaks, nice cook.

I'm not entirely sold on Winco meats. I do like their pork and it's the about the only place in town that sells whole chicken wings, occasionally Food Maxx. I don't get much beef there though.
Funny you say that. I almost never buy beef at Winco, but last week I picked up a package of good looking Chuck Eyes, and they were fantastic! They were so good, I figured, I should go get some Butcher Chuck Eyes. Welllll..... it would appear I got Butcher Chuck Steaks. Very good, but wasn't what I was hoping for

Thanks everyone for the kind comments

My son thinks they were steaks cut from the Chuck Roast, not steaks cut from the Chuck Eye. I'm inclined to believe that, they weren't as tender as I had hoped. But they were good

Perfect candidate cook for sous vide I think....my cousins are big into that lately

Back