Picked up a Skyline 1200 series!

JKim in MA

TVWBB Pro
Pictures to follow in the morning when there's daylight.

It was listed as needing new grates and an igniter. I answered the ad within 2 hours of it being posted and I got lucky. I was the first to respond and had first crack at it.

This is likely a flip, but noteworthy because it's my first one with the deep firebox. I have a spare set of grates that can go in there, and the flavorizer bars aren't terrible.

The Durawood flip-up table is unfortunately missing, and the Durawood work table has a melted slat (?!?). I might just throw on a Thermoset table and call it a day.

Here it is in disassembly stage. You can see the melted slat:

36297548020_7e8d073598_h.jpg

36297550690_7d2adb0a77_h.jpg

36297553190_f75d63d1c8_h.jpg

The frame is in pretty good condition, even the cross frame is serviceable:

36647855906_606276d114_h.jpg

Lastly, the bolt and nut for the cross frame needed a bit of persuasion as the nut disintegrated, but the last remnant of the nut actually unthreaded off of the bolt at the end LOL

36647855156_8fcaa32d87_h.jpg

It all looks pretty normal to me. Even the rusted cook box bolt. Surprised you got the nut off without sheering the bolt. The hood is great and everything else looks good. I have a durawood shelf where one of the slats (next to the cookbox) was melted as well. It is probably a pretty common thing.

It looks like you have a winner there. Now, when do we get to see the "after" photos?

It all looks pretty normal to me. Even the rusted cook box bolt. Surprised you got the nut off without sheering the bolt. The hood is great and everything else looks good. I have a durawood shelf where one of the slats (next to the cookbox) was melted as well. It is probably a pretty common thing.

It looks like you have a winner there. Now, when do we get to see the "after" photos?

A grill I picked up strictly for the sake of a flip went home with its new owner tonight, I think both parties did well. Only had it for 9 days total, and it sold within 2 days.

Now I can focus on the Skyline. Maybe I can wrap it up by the end of the month.

Here's an update...

I picked up a donor grill (Genesis 1000) yesterday that had the swing table as well as the work table. The wood slats were goners but the metal bits are good, so I'm going to hold on to those pieces for a future project. The donor grill also came with a USA-made propane tank with a 2015 manufacture date which was also full of propane, AND it came with stainless grates.

I'm also keeping the Skyline lid for another project, so this one got a Silver B lid.

The donor grill also had very good FBs which I'm using on this grill.

Harbor Freight angle grinder at work:

36657421152_6762aa44e1_h.jpg

I slapped on a Thermoset work table and a Silver B endcap:

36018562253_1fdf9f190b_h.jpg

Here are the aforementioned stainless grates:

36827887735_a495d14da8_h.jpg

The finished product:

36657428342_cb79fef75e_h.jpg

That's actually not a bad idea, RayM. It just happens that I have the left side end piece as well.

I just have to drill 2 holes on the frame to attach the end piece. That should be wrapped up tomorrow.

Edit* here it is!

36716645331_9de6295eda_o.jpg

This grill should be delivered to its new owner later in the week.

Last edited:
That's actually not a bad idea, RayM. It just happens that I have the left side end piece as well.

I just have to drill 2 holes on the frame to attach the end piece. That should be wrapped up tomorrow.

Edit* here it is!

36716645331_9de6295eda_o.jpg

This grill should be delivered to its new owner later in the week.

Is there any way to get the oil spots off of the left side tray table? Thanks

I would start with some Simple Green and #0000 steel wool. If that doesn't work, I would try some straight bleach. Wipe it on heavy and let it set a few minutes, then try wiping it off.

Back