Project smoke Sockeye Salmon

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
My Amazon order for Steven Raichlen's project smoke came in today. Since I already thawed out some Salmon from Alaska, thought I'd give it a shot. Man! All three of these rubs taste excellent!!!! Low in sodium but full of flavor. I had a hard time to decide which rub to use. I ended up using the Kansas City rub. I used maple wood for the smoke and my now well seasoned 14.5 Weber Mini-me. I kept the vents low, maintain a solid 200F with water in the pan. About 35-40 minutes later, the salmon was ready. The salmon tasted great, moist and full of flavor, some bones in the fillet, no big deal. I am very happy with the rubs that arrived today :). Here are the photos.

IMG_4314 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4315 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4317 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4319 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4320 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4327 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

IMG_4328 by flyboymlc, on Flickr

I grill quite a bit of Salmon (on a cedar plank). Your salmon looks excellent! I'll bet it tasted wonderful, too.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Michael, that salmon looks great. If you have any leftovers you can send them my way.

That looks absolutely perfect Michael. Unless you live on or near the coast, that is the way to buy fish. Nothing in our butcher shop or markets around here can compare to yours. Man, I bet that was good.

I wish there was a 'like' button for your post. I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said except "yum!"

Back