Hot Ones (TV show)

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
Anyone watch this???? My brother linked me to it a while ago, I'm listening to it @ my work bench:

not exactly G rating (Seth Rogan is on this episode)

There was a show on The Cooking Channel, FN's little brother, that had Aron Sanchez and Roger Mooking searching out and eating the hottest foods they could find. It was called Heat Seekers. Burgers, wings, anything! Roger would always win anytime that there were ghost peppers involved!
What channel is this on?

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this one up

Watched a few on U-Oobtae and really enjoyed the interviews. (I gained a newfound respect for Rachael Ray - didn't expect it.)

Anyone watch this???? My brother linked me to it a while ago, I'm listening to it @ my work bench:

not exactly G rating (Seth Rogan is on this episode)

this is crazy! why eat something sooooo dang hotSPICY that you can't breathe?

and the guy with the mouth...?
no, sorry, won't be watching.

Just watched it :) (thx for posting)

https://firstwefeast.com/tag/hot-ones

anyone try sauces from the show? I bought a case of Secret Aardvark (not too much heat, Mexican flavor), wondering what else to try & where to buy. Looks like my favorite (marie sharp's beware) comes in @ 100,000 on the scoville chart, makes me feel a little crazy to want to get a bottle of Hot One's The Last Dab! (2,000,000 on the scoville scale)

https://firstwefeast.com/video/2018/01/how-to-make-hot-sauce couple recipes here

Here's a favorite I've made a few times, but I use jalapenos (6-8?) and sometimes add a hab or 2:
https://youtu.be/tnp0rKtmOAg

Back in the '90s, everyone in the office would splurge on Fridays for a particular local deli's delicious sandwiches. A few of us would (very gingerly) apply a toothpick droplet of Original Juan's Da Bomb Beyond Insanity sauce to those sandwiches. Any additional would yield a very unpleasant meal.

Good memories ;)

Current tolerable scoville level follows the inverse of my age...

I like spicy and flavorful, but if you can't taste what you're eating...why eat it?

hahahahahaha

because of friends and beer? Endorphins?

If you like flavorful and green chile sauces, try that one from nohippiebbq I linked above - as-is, it's tolerable by the the old & the infirm, switch to all jalapenos and it becomes respectable.

(Nobody likes just plain heat) Most people tend to pick something flavorful where the heat can add a little something extra (Teriyaki hot, for example)

The show Hot Ones, one thing that makes it interesting to me is because the heat knocks them a little off center loosening them up a little.

Flavor is definitely one of the most important considerations................and tastes vary so you might not like what I love.

hahahahahaha

because of friends and beer? Endorphins?

If you like flavorful and green chile sauces, try that one from nohippiebbq I linked above - as-is, it's tolerable by the the old & the infirm, switch to all jalapenos and it becomes respectable.

(Nobody likes just plain heat) Most people tend to pick something flavorful where the heat can add a little something extra (Teriyaki hot, for example)

The show Hot Ones, one thing that makes it interesting to me is because the heat knocks them a little off center loosening them up a little.

Flavor is definitely one of the most important considerations................and tastes vary so you might not like what I love.

There are several guests that say one of the hot sauces tastes bad. I can't use the language that they use to describe it on this forum!
A lot of them say that most of the sauces are tasty. Until it hits them, that is! :rolleyes:
Pammi and I like our sriracha and Tabasco sauces. If it gets much hotter than that, we'll pass!

There are several guests that say one of the hot sauces tastes bad. I can't use the language that they use to describe it on this forum!
A lot of them say that most of the sauces are tasty. Until it hits them, that is! :rolleyes:
Pammi and I like our sriracha and Tabasco sauces. If it gets much hotter than that, we'll pass!

I hear you. I tried Sriracha. It's OK, but I don't get the appeal. I like Tapatio a lot. For some people that would be a "training wheel" sauce :rolleyes:, but I'm fine with that.

Clint: Beer, I have...a least 30 gallons already kegged and another 40 or so fermenting right now.

Don't get me wrong, in my younger days I've tried over a hundred of those "crazy sauces", but always ended up breathing fire and waiting out the two weeks to grow my taste buds back. This guy knows his limitations.

I'm NO FAN of any vinegar based sauces (the ones where you can smell and taste the vinegar).

Back