The Blackstone Griddle

Troy S

TVWBB Fan
Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules on here talking about a non-Weber product (I Googled and saw a couple of related threads to this), but... I feel like -- for now -- my outdoor cooking equipment is complete (still waiting on finding an outdoor pizza oven that gets super hot for a decent price, though). I found the 36" Blackstone griddle marked down to $200 at Walmart last Tuesday and so I pulled the trigger.

I've been able to use it four times since then (was out of town in between). I'm enjoying it, mostly for the amount of food that can be cooked on it at one time. I got impatient and eager to use it and did not season it properly at first (you are supposed to season it three times before cooking on it). Of course, no big deal, the first thing I cooked on it was bacon and then some burgers. Pretty good stuff.

For other owners on here of the BS griddle, what do you think makes it so good? Do you think it's because it gets way hotter than an average indoor stovetop or what?

I picked up the tabletop model last month. I like the portability of it. I then superseded it with a different griddle that fits right on my Genesis. I don't regret the Blackstone, it cooks nice and even. It just doesn't get much use now :)

I picked up the tabletop model last month. I like the portability of it. I then superseded it with a different griddle that fits right on my Genesis. I don't regret the Blackstone, it cooks nice and even. It just doesn't get much use now :)

Which griddle is that? I've been looking for a good one for my Genesis.

Troy S, do you camp, or have a travel trailer? Over the last several months (since wal mart dropped thecprice to $47) the portable Blackstone griddles have become the hottest thing since sliced bread in a couple camping groups I follow on Facebook. Not as much posted about the full size , but people really love their Blackstones.
Good luck with yours,
Tim

The thing I'm loving about it the most is how much food can be put on it all at once. I cooked a massive stirfry the other day (I enjoy leftovers), and it was a breeze. My second favorite thing is how hot it gets. I've always -- always -- been a charcoal boy and love burgers cooked on a charcoal grill. But on this griddle, with burgers cooking in their grease, with sweltering heat, the crust on them has been unreal. One of my family members, who also typically prefers burgers cooked on a charcoal grill over everything else, fell in love with burgers on the BS and has already requested I make some more soon. It's a neat piece of equipment.

Whenever my little lady's family comes in, they always bring a 10lb. box of bacon that we use in so many dishes, including breakfast. It's going to be great being able to bust out the BS griddle and cook up a big batch all at once rather than taking forever inside.

@Tim K ~ I saw that at the Wally World here, too, even though they are pricing it at $70-something. Maybe they'd price match. I'd look into it if I camped often!

Back