Spin class

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
A few weeks back I had a couple of cooks where I used the rotisserie. The first one was a pork sirloin roast studded with garlic and rosemary.

PorkSirloinRoastGarlicRosemary20170625_1.jpg

It was about 145 or so when I took it off the grill. I used a few small windfall oak branches in addition to charcoal so the smoke was pretty light.

PorkSirloinRoastGarlicRosemary20170625_2.jpg

PorkSirloinRoastGarlicRosemary20170625_3.jpg

The sirloin roast seems to be kind of forgotten when compared to the popularity of the tenderloin, loin, and shoulder but I think it's just fine and has good flavor.

PorkSirloinRoastGarlicRosemary20170625_4.jpg

The next night I spitted up a chicken that I'd prepared by putting a mixture of butter, salt, pepper, tarragon, and rosemary under the skin.

RotissChickenTarragonRosemary20170626_1.jpg

Oops...got the butter a little softer than I wanted! But all the ingredients mixed together well and after the butter chilled I applied it to the chicken.

RotissChickenTarragonRosemary20170626_2.jpg

RotissChickenTarragonRosemary20170626_3.jpg

It seems like I'm always running into the problem of the skin splitting along the breast. Next time I cook one whole I'm going to try to remember to add a few strips of bacon fat to cover the exposed area.

RotissChickenTarragonRosemary20170626_4.jpg

Good stuff. I reused the leftover fuel from the sirloin roast and added only charcoal, so there really wasn't any smoke at all. Just chicken, spices, and herbs.

RotissChickenTarragonRosemary20170626_5.jpg

I have both of those particular items in my freezer right now! Maybe a double set of forks on the wheel of deliciousness for tomorrow!

Thanks! I like to use the rotisserie every couple of months although it wouldn't hurt to use it more often.

Timothy, I hope you have plenty of friends and family to feed!

Back