Weber charcoal at Home Depot

Picked up 3 bags at Home Depot $14.99 a bag on sale. Picked up a bag @ Ace Hardware Sunday 50% off sale $10.00. Watch Ace Hardware emails for special on Sunday Only Sales.

Good luck for all those who want to go and grab these bags from Target. Have not tried but have read some good reviews on them (from Chris I believe).

I'm showing 5.98 at my local store but I also read somewhere in another thread that you need to have them put in a special code at the register, did anyone have to do this for the sale?

On the Target website its still showing 19.99.

No need for any special code. Just a question of whether your local store has actually done the clearance pricing yet.

You can walk up to one of the in store scanners and type the DPCI Code : 009-06-1387 in. Or scan the bar code on the bag.

I bought 8 bags so far at one of my local Target's, $6.98 each. I hope they are as good as the hype,as I have 160lbs of it.

I bought 8 bags so far at one of my local Target's, $6.98 each. I hope they are as good as the hype,as I have 160lbs of it.

I don't think you can go wrong at that price. I just finished up 20 pounds, and I used it often in the WSM.

Bought 12 bags of the Weber stuff at target for 5.98. That now goes with 12 bags of kingsford competition K, and 12 bags (17 lbs each) of royal oak lump. I'm stocked until Memorial Day now. Of 2019.

Sounds like good deals. Unfortunately, my "local" Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc., are 30-35 miles from where I live.

Brian, did you have anyone check the DPCI Code : 009-06-1387 to see what their computer said ? I've found bags hiding all over the place. Some in the back corner clearance section, but others up on an endcap in the grocery section, or over at the start of women's clothing. Basically, anywhere they had space to put it.

As to the question of whether this stuff is good or not. The briquettes are bigger, burn hotter, burn longer and produce less ash that KBB or even Stubbs. Tonight, I just did my 4th cook on the same freaking chimney of charcoal on my 26'er. First three cooks were about 20 mins for corn on the cob followed by 10-15 minutes for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inch NY Strips and Ribeyes. Went out today, knocked off some ash and found that I still had a lot of charcoal sized from 1/4inch to 1 1/2inches across. Gathered it all up and into the chimney, lit it up and had plenty of heat and coverage to cook 5 Johnsonville brats, 4 Purnells and 3 hot links. Started them all off on direct heat, then went to indirect. When I pulled them all off, and closed off the vents, the lid therm still went up to 400 degrees (it was directly above the coals.)

Thanks for the info Dave, I'll try that. I went to the garden/clearance area of 3 stores & didn't see anything. Asked an employee & he didn't seem to know what charcoal is let alone where it was.

4 bags yesterday at Target for $5.98 here in MN... Nothing in back by the Outdoors and Grilling area... they had 8 bags up front past the registers, like the grocery stores do. Nice that it is closer to the truck that way. :coolkettle:

Just a note... there isn't much of this stuff around to begin with, and the local Weber retail rep in my area says that cost is about $15. I have had fantastic results in my 18.5 WSM; steady temps, long cook times, so I intend to keep buying it. But at a $1/# it is a little bit dear to be using on burgers and brats IMHO... so I guess what I am saying is I am reserving the Weber coal for smoking, and using Costco Kingsford Pro at $0.25/# for the grilling.

Just a note... there isn't much of this stuff around to begin with, and the local Weber retail rep in my area says that cost is about $15. I have had fantastic results in my 18.5 WSM; steady temps, long cook times, so I intend to keep buying it. But at a $1/# it is a little bit dear to be using on burgers and brats IMHO... so I guess what I am saying is I am reserving the Weber coal for smoking, and using Costco Kingsford Pro at $0.25/# for the grilling.

I've been smoking three butts (18.5" WSM), and a host of other meats, all day, today, with mainly Weber coals (used a little Royal Oak on the very bottom along with remnants of Royal Oak lump too), and I have been impressed so far. Granted, I had to stoke the fire at about the eight-hour mark, and I took the opportunity to add more coals (better to have too much than not enough).

Weber coals are not quite as hot as lump in my experience, but temps have held steady at about 235° all day, but cracking the door sideways a bit is pushing the temps near 275° as I near the 12-hour mark.

I, too, think these coals should be reserved for the WSM. They are too good for direct grilling. :)

Back