Dialing in the wings and trying my first recipe here...Pepper Stout Beef!!!

Dan C. FL

TVWBB Pro
Saturday, I continued on my quest to make the perfect wings on the grill. Also made some jalapeno poppers wrapped in my homemade maple bourbon bacon.

jmhNFSjl.jpg

rguFBqTl.jpg

rbUck3Rl.jpg

3TGEbhDl.jpg

The wings were my best yet! Crispy skin and the meat wasn't overcooked!! :cool:

Sunday I made the famed Pepper Stout Beef. I tweaked the recipe a little bit. I used a vidalia onion instead of red onion and substituted our local brewery's stout called Creatures in the Dark for the Guinness.

Cooked on the WSM with no smoke wood:
bHcPXsSl.jpg

Benefits of getting a 32 ounce crowler:
0DAqgmjl.jpg

Pulled it at 165* internal and put it on the veggies and into the oven.

6uUd1wSl.jpg

Shredded:
aplsxsol.jpg

Plated sammich with Provolone:
38S2SqCl.jpg

This was really good!! Oh, I also did a whirly bird. No pics because I was busy and forgot.

Nice cook Dan, wings and ABTs look great. PSB is one of our favorites and your looks fantastic.

Looking good. Mayo on the wings? PSB is always great. Yours look top notch. I like the way you doubled the cheese on the sammie.

Must do a PSB again sometime; yours looks great. I like a little bit of smoke on mine. The secret weapon for my PSB sammie is some gorgonzola cheese. Mmmmm good.

Everything looks great Dan. Looks like you've got that Vortex dialed in. PSB is one of my favorites, yours looks really tasty.

Looking good. Mayo on the wings? PSB is always great. Yours look top notch. I like the way you doubled the cheese on the sammie.

No sir, I didn't use mayo on the wings. Just a little bit of canola/vegetable oil blend, salt and pepper. I laughed when I looked at the sammich picture again and saw the double cheese. Apparently, buzzed Dan really likes his sammiches cheesey!:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Must do a PSB again sometime; yours looks great. I like a little bit of smoke on mine. The secret weapon for my PSB sammie is some gorgonzola cheese. Mmmmm good.

I AM GOING to try that next time. I love gorgonzola!!

Back