Couple of weekend cooks

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

SJgiFv9h.jpg

Started with another flank steak this weekend. This time with the rub from the Weber's Greatest Hits books.
I got some new seasonings from The Spice House and that makes a TON of difference.

SPQPhmFh.jpg

After the cook. Unfortunately it was pouring rain. I cooked this on the Genesis.

8bdTRC5h.jpg

Slice. Oops, I overcooked it just a tad, but rolled up into tortillas, this was delicious.

suUTZtAh.jpg

I also did a high heat pork butt.

UB0DkMlh.jpg

Seasoned with this stuff and injected with Chris Lilly's championship injection.

twjQGrDh.jpg

Cooked it at 350 on the WSM and wrapped in foil at 165.

EAFQY9kh.jpg

Pulled pork. This turned out super juicy and delicious.

v1x1Khdh.jpg

Plated with some No. 5 sauce which is fantastic on pulled pork and some Best Maid pickles on a Hawaiian sweet bun.

You Genny did not fail you on your flank steak cook, looks fantastic. Your sliders look as good as it gets. Nice cooks!

Nice looking food Dustin. We had flanks this weekend too. It's becoming my favorite.

Great cooks Dustin. With all the rain here our two genesis grills that are under the covered patio are getting a lot of use.

The flank steak looks good, but I'm loving the pulled pork. The sandwich looks delicious!

You nailed 'em both Dustin. Flank steak and the PP sammies look delicious. Already envious of everyone's rain. We haven't even seen any dew yet!

Great looking meals there! I'd have a sandwee or two and a plate of the flank!

Back