Spun Pork

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Haven't used the rotisserie in a while, so I fired it up tonight for a rare summer family dinner. While at the store today, I spied some bone-in center cut pork loin, so grabbed one for my cart. I used this Southwestern Style Rotisserie Pork Loin recipe I found on the web (pretty much just coating the pork with a spice paste for a few hours to infuse some flavor, and create a crust base.)

I fired up a chimney of coals, and when those were lit up, I divided them into two charcoal baskets, dropped in a drip pan and started spinning. A little under an hour later, we were at 142 degrees in the coolest part of the roast, and it looked great:

36387028192_f53db7df21_k.jpg

After a 10 minute rest, I carved it into slices after removing the ribs:

36158659070_004f3d8aef_k.jpg

We ate this paired up with some fresh yellow corn. As you can see, the roast turned out quite juicy, and it was very tasty. The paste made a nice crust on the outside, so I made sure that every bite had a bit of crust on the fork. Great stuff!

R

Yessir! Mighty fine looking pork loin. I bet the eating next to the bones was sensational.

That's one terrific roast, Rich! Bone-in pork roasts are a real treat and I wish I could find them more often.

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks. I really love these roasts, and always grab one when I see them in the meat case. Just finishing off the leftovers tonight.

R

Back