Redhead Side Burner

DMorgan

TVWBB Member
So I'm the proud owner of a 1997 Redhead 2000 Silver, yay for me and $25!

She works perfectly, fired on the first snap and has been cooking dinner for a week now.

My question is about a side burner; the only thing that would "upgrade" my grill if you will, would be the side burner as the frame and all other construvtion is exactly the same, so what are my chances of adding a side burner?

I'm sure I could cobble something together but I won't. How hard is it to find a burner?

Can anyone share their experiences?

Sometimes they just fall in your lap. I got one for mine after a friend passed away and his wife gave me their old Genesis with a side burner, than my dad saw it and said he'd like one too. Wouldn't you know a guy nearby him had scrapped a Genesis and had a nice set of burners, and a side burner along with a manifold. I bought it and sent him a paypal and he delivered the stuff to my dad's house. Gotta just keep watching CL, or fleabay also watch facebook listings and whatever else is in your area

As long as the manifold has the extra "tap" otherwise you'll need a new regulator with dual tap and the appropriate fittings to adapt it

Thanks for the link, but I think that's too new, just a bit different. If nothing pops up I will contact them for dimensions and other pics.

And yes she does have the extra tap, apparently there is no difference between parts except for dropping in the burner.

Agreed. If it isn't a rush, just keep watching the adds and you will find a donor grill. many times for free. I waited a couple months to find a donor grill for my redhead 1000. I needed the drop down swing table off it. I just kept my eyes open and eventually it happened.

Too bad. I have a NG side burner in near mint condition, but I won't sell it to a propane user. The burner's mini-manifold and valve are for NG. Bummer!

There is a single orifice. The valve is the continuously variable type so simply rejetting it will convert properly to either fuel. I have one that had been LP on the Genesis I gave to my son in law. I simply installed a new orifice and away you go. It's easy and cheap. The blanks are readily available

Back