Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable smoker for the winter - possible?

Kristof... When I commented earlier I didn't realize you were actually backpacking in. I was thinking Pickup to the camp area or close to it. Obviously the WSM would be pretty impractical for what you have planned. I surfed around a little last night as you got me curious. Came across this. Now, I don't do too much camping and know little to nothing about backpacking supplies. This could be complete junk, but it looks light weight and could probably fit in a pack. Thought I'd throw it out there and give everyone a laugh. What the heck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbh2AGxAnm0
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Cliff, I think there are different levels of non-portable.. Comparing to my 22" kettle, the 14" WSM looks very portable indeed!

The sad part is that a new 14" WSM sells for around $430 here and there is no market for used ones at all.. any old ones would serve my needs perfectly. Makes me wonder how much would it cost to get one shipped directly from US.

That's one funny looking device you posted, too bad it needs a kettle to work

Kristof, you can get the 14.5"/37cm WSM below, for $100 less. Shipping will be about 25 in the EU, but you'll need to contact them.

https://www.riversidegardencentre.co...tain-37cm.html
    22.514.5JJSJSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof Jozsa View Post

That's one funny looking device you posted, too bad it needs a kettle to work
    He mentions in the video that he's only simulating a campfire with his kettle. I believe that little "smoker" is intended to sit right over your campfire. Anyway, good luck to you. That's an awful price that you have to pay for a WSM over there. Something will work out for you, I'm sure.

Edit... Just read TonyUK's post above.... There you go!
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Thanks Tony, you gave me an idea! I looked around and a BBQ shop at the Netherlands seems to go even lower (around $310) - I'll contact both tomorrow and see if the can or are willing to ship within the EU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12