Self Stick Gasket?

PHolder

TVWBB Pro
Has anyone tried this? I've seen a lot with folks using the kit with the RTV and was wondering if this worked as well.
LavaLock

I'm only looking to seal the gap around the lid. All the other areas are good on mine.

Thanks as usual.

I have. My last gasket was a peel and stick. Works very well.
Just make sure the mating surface is totally void of any oils

...I'm only looking to seal the gap around the lid. All the other areas are good on mine...

Gap around the lid? Your lid does not sit flush onto the center section? How long have you had this cooker? Do you use it a lot?

Sorry for all the questions, I just never see the need for a gasket anywhere on my WSM. Mine is several years old now and is used at least weekly so it is well seasoned.

Gap around the lid? Your lid does not sit flush onto the center section? How long have you had this cooker? Do you use it a lot?

Sorry for all the questions, I just never see the need for a gasket anywhere on my WSM. Mine is several years old now and is used at least weekly so it is well seasoned.

I've had mine for about a year and a half. I've used it a least a dozen times and I still have some smoke leaking around the top. Not bad but a little especially when using the Auber. The center section was a little out of round but it is a little better after a few bear hugs. Oddly enough my door is good.

I used the the kit that comes with the RTV sealant. For what it's worth, over a few years the gasket has worn out on the lid and it leaks a little. I've found I really don't care. If I do decide to remove the gasket its going to be a pain scraping up all that rtv.If you are going to do it, the self stick is probably the way to go.

Back