Weber Charcoal Pizza Oven (6520)

Paul M

TVWBB Member
I bought one of these on a whim, when it was half price in a sale. I see now that Weber have discontinued them, in favour of a simpler pizza stone that goes in the GBS system. I see that there are also third party ovens for sale as well.

Anyhow, got it now, so gonna make the best of things. Wonder if anyone can advise on best working use of the thing. Weber advert suggest 1 x load of charcoal chimney starter laid over the base of your 57cm, with three inches clear at the front. I've seen another demo, suggesting piling up the coals at the back of your 57?

I've left my 57 for 20mins, before cooking a pizza, but doesn't seem hot enough. More coals?

I was thing of buying & fitting a Weber lid thermometer, but as they cost £60 ($78) over here, I wonder if it's worth it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I also have this pizza oven. I spread the coals over the back half of the grill with maybe a bit more towards the back. I then place the oven on the grill and wait about 10 min. I launch the pie and turn it as it cooks. It cooks a great pie this way. Cheers!

I also have the Weber pizza oven.
I use 1 x large chimney, & 1 x small chimney of ripping hot briqs placed mainly towards the back of the kettle, but also covering the underneath of the pizza stone.
This thing cooks like a champ.

I don't think I've seen the particular pizza device from Weber, picture please? I "Won" four Pizzaque units on eBay a while ago and have given a couple of them away, still have not fired mine! I like the idea but, just haven't had time or desire at least not at the same time!

Yep mine was sold off at half price, so it might of been a bit of a white elephant. But I'll persevere and we WILL enjoy ourselves. ;)

Back