Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Hate Meeces To Pieces. And Rats, Too.

We had a very small mouse once. My wife wanted to sell the house. I got him with a mouse trap.

Fast forward 12 years. We are contemplating buying a rodent for my 7 year old daughter. She has wanted a hamster forever and she is a great negotiator. She is a real good girl and does well in school so we are probably going to give in.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) WSM 14.5 Original Kettle Premium 26 18 OTG Kettle Jumbo Joe Smokey Joe Silver Vortex, Kettle Pizza

Bob, how do stand being so close to such a large rodent.

Those things will eat anything!

Better get you a cat, ASAP!
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

Some Rat info that might be useful ( god I hate thinking about those beasts)
    http://myhousepests.com/rats

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Victor 240 battery operated rat trap. Amazon. You can help TVWBB.

TVWBB Gold Member
    I've never had rat or mice problems around my grills and smokers. However, my garage used to be visited by field mice every fall. They did some minor damage from time to time. A couple of years ago, a feral cat took up residence under my utility barn. I probably would have removed the cat but my neighbor is a cat lady. She is a good neighbor and I didn't have the heart to move on the cat. At any rate, since the cat has taken up residence, I am no longer bothered by mice and ground squirrels. Further, I don't get any more rabbits in the yard eating my wife's flowers and plants. Now, if I could do something about the deer that visit my yard regularly and eat my wife's flowers, etc. we would be even happier!

Always something...

Keep on smokin',
    Dale53
    Mini-Joe Gold, 14.5 WSM, 18.5 WSM, 2 Performers with Vortex, gasser (taking up space), SJS, JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Robert McGee View Post
    Now, if I could do something about the deer that visit my yard regularly and eat my wife's flowers, etc. we would be even happier!
    Two words: Compound Bow
    85 78

TVWBB Member
    Tell the old 'dear' to bog off, and get her flowers from the florist like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    I've got a rat problem. On my grill. And in my grill. There, I said it.

** WARNING: This story is not for the squeamish...or for those eating while reading this post. **

I've lived on the "urban interface" of San Jose for 21 years. There's more open space out here....

How about you? Any mouse or rat stories related to barbecuing or grilling that you want to share?
    Unfortunately I can relate to Chris' story. We have bears, bobcats, coyotes and deer that wonder thru on a regular basis. And mice, rats, squirrels, rabbits, gofers which I can't stand because they destroy my plants, trees and the yard. Winter before last was very mild and the mice found the Q100... trapped 14 of the nasties in one week. The last critter standing was a giant rat. It cleaned out the traps without getting caught so I did it in the manual way, a pipe the the head. Hantavirus and plague are well know in the southwest... I was creeped out for weeks.

So this past winter was almost non-existent. The squirrels took over and were co-habitating with the rats (literally... living in the same holes). It was so bad that they were eating the cholla cactus for a nice dessert treat. I found a good tube type trap which zapped 7 squirrels, 2 rats, and 3 rabbits. The coyotes ate good that week.

Then about a month ago a family of black footed ferrets showed up. No more squirrels, or rats, or mice or rabbits or gophers! It's been amazing! I love these guys. They are an endangered species... we'll keep 'em fed here so they can multiply. Happy to have them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted A View Post
    Then about a month ago a family of black footed ferrets showed up. No more squirrels, or rats, or mice or rabbits or gophers! It's been amazing! I love these guys. They are an endangered species... we'll keep 'em fed here so they can multiply. Happy to have them around.
    Ferrets eat rats & such?? I didn't know that.

Thought about getting one for a pet, but they don't sell them in NC. However, they are known for hiding stuff, and my daughter is ferret enough in that regard.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", & Royal Oak Lump / Briquettes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123