Ahoy from Maryland

Barry_A

Hello From Maryland

This is Barry from a "small town" between Washington DC and Baltimore. Next to cruising, smoking meats is my next favorite hobby. Waiting patiently for delivery of a new 18.5 WSM from Amazon. We've been smoking on our gas smokers and gas grill for years, but now wanting try enjoying charcoal and wood smoke. I had a cheaper bullet smoker some years ago, used it twice, and got rid of it, was too frustrating. But I've read and watched nothing but good things about the WSM and decided, to "take the plunge". WSM was about the price range I wanted to spend, plus does not have as large a footprint as other "home" charcoal smokers...so...here we go!! I'm sure I'll be visiting this site....alot!!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Barry. Lots of good info here and folks willing to help. I drove through Olney a few times when I was stationed in Germantown. It definitely was a small town then

Thanks for the reception. WSM arrived Wednesday as expected. I'm semi-seasoning it, and plan to put it in action Sunday with some ribs and maybe a turkey breast and go from there. But I certainly know where to go if things are a little "rough" on Sunday!!

Back