My first cook using Meathead's newly arrived book.

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
My new book just arrived today.....very quickly thumbed through it and decided to use his Alabama White Sauce recipe on some chicken.

Apologies upfront......I did not use a :blackkettle: or :wsm22: for this cook. I've not assembled the first.....and my warranty replacement parts for the latter had not arrived in time.

Please forgive me....I'm a sinner.

I'll be rocking the Webers on future cooks, though. :cool:

Duke's mayo used in this cook.

Blue Plate will be tried on the next.

There will be no other mayo's used in this rotation.

I was more in the mood for a long slow'n'low cook....and a good nap, but it just wasn't to be had. Had a limited amount of time available to fit into the family's afternoon & evening schedule.

Had a nice piece of pecan that I wanted to use......so pecan cooked yardbird it was. No time to brine. Just took it outa the pack & rinsed it off.

Used mayo to slather on the chicken breasts & runners. Was kinda fun. Looked down and thought it was gonna be a hit.

I used two rubs that really taste great on chicken and fish....they came together in a great way. Back into the fridge for another hour or so.

I put the pecan wood on and let it burn off the bark. Turned it a couple times.

Ran it a little north of 350.

Nice cool, damp August afternoon. Good tunes cranking on the deck....smoke in the air. Relaxing times.

Back inside to work on the sides.....running Southern rock inside.....outlaw country outside. Nice transitions throughout this fun cook. :)

Sides were little trees and poblano peppas.

There was enough Duke's mayo left to make up a proper batch of Alabama White Sauce for the yardbird. Using that last batch of smoked salt in there, too.

Flavor was good to me.....hoped the tribe would like it. Son isn't a fan of mayo....

Went out back to check in with the outlaw country section.....

Things were coming along well. Directly over the coals...skin starting to head in the right direction.

Back to Southern rock. Little trees were steamed with butter & soy sauce....topped with American & NY Chedda.

Outlaw cook coming along well....

I wanted to roll 'em around over the grates a bit more in order to get the nice char on each piece....but was reminded that we were up against a firm time constraint.....so everything came off the grill and straight to the table and killed the Southern rock.

Bedded down the runners over the 'Bama White Sauce.....

Folks......a carnage ensued. Looked like Game of Thrones dragons feasting.

Ordinarily I'd spare ya's the carnage shots.....but I laughed at one of the plates handed back with request to reload it....

Happy griller, here.

That's some great looking chicken!! What's your thought on the AL White Sauce? I've not tried it, but am curious. Oh, and who only ate the tree top?

Nice pictures and great looking chicken Dub. I'm a Dukes mayo fan, only mayo I use.

Thank you.

I really liked the sauce. I added the zest from one lemon in it, too.

The poblano peppers were great with that sauce, too

Congrats on your 1st Meathead cook :) Looks great

Thanks.....made his burgers & burger glop sauce tonight for my wife and son, the Teenage T-Rex.

Tonight's inside-made eats......bacon was left on the George Foreman way too long.

Meathead Goldwyn's Burger Glop sauce recipe.....went on the bottom buns over the carmelized Vidalia onions.......grand slam home run flavor that everyone went nuts over.

Sliced up a single large baking potato......

Gotta toast the buns if you use this sauce, though....

The plan was for T-Rex to get the double stack and wife and I to get a single each......didn't quite work out that way......son did his double....and another single.

Wife got her's......I'll throw on a Bubba Burger or something later on.

T-Rex's first.....

Her's....she said she only wanted a couple of fries to try....T-Rex said he'd kill the rest, lol.

Back