Porcelain Haze

DBulas

Having difficulty getting rid of the white haze on the burner control panels. I have used steel wool and simple green to no avial. I have also soaked in. Soapy water and used vinegar and steel wool. They look great when wet but when they dry they have a white haze to them. I know most would not reccomend this but I have contemplated pairing with a high heat clear coat. Anymore suggestions in my cleaning process?

Dbulas. I wish I knew of a good answer for you. I have a couple lids with that same problem and my personal Genesis 1000 has that problem on the burner knob shelf like yours. I have always referred to that "haze" as oxidation. It looks a lot like oxidation on car paint, but I don't know if porcelain can oxidize. Like you, I have tried to get rid of it but have just given up and consigned myself to living with it. If you do find a solution, please post back.

Oh, I do have one possible answer. If it is your personal grill, it might be under warranty and Weber will send you a new one. You would have to check the warranty of your grill against it's age. If it is within the coverage period, the Weber should replace it provided you are the original owner.

It's caused by the pigments in the black porcelain fading. It seemed to be more prevalent in certain year models and mostly in the black ones. I did see it on a brown/espresso one though. Nothing you can do about it. Paint really will not "stick" to porcelain BTW

Back