Best Idea Ever or Greatest Swindle Ever?

Did you see the flash of the K.O. Wobbler go past? I sure there will be some of these sold but, it's got to be the silliest thing I've seen in quite a while too, Bob.
There's one born every minute!
Maybe the guy thinks he's a croupier dealing baccarat for Mr. Bond, James Bond.

Last edited:
Yea, I could see some being sold, esp the comp guys or caterers who make a bunch of racks.
For my three racks I use my hands for going on, and I do the tong test for removal, and if I over cooked em I have a big Fish spatula which is also used on butts& brisket.:)
I like the side note at the end, gave me a laugh!

Tim

Last edited:
I like the side note at the end, gave me a laugh!
I'm glad you mentioned that because I stopped the video before the very end. Finished the whole thing after your comment. When I was in ninth grade there was a guy at my junior high who ruled over study hall with an iron fist and a wooden paddle. First thing I thought of when I saw the video was that guy's paddle, though his had lots of holes in it to cut down on wind resistance.

I thought it was amusing that this miniature cricket bat is "patent pending". I can't imagine them getting a patent on this.

You might have attended Marmion? They were big on paddles!
I'm glad you mentioned that because I stopped the video before the very end. Finished the whole thing after your comment. When I was in ninth grade there was a guy at my junior high who ruled over study hall with an iron fist and a wooden paddle. First thing I thought of when I saw the video was that guy's paddle, though his had lots of holes in it to cut down on wind resistance.

I thought it was amusing that this miniature cricket bat is "patent pending". I can't imagine them getting a patent on this.

You might have attended Marmion? They were big on paddles!
Waldo, when it was a junior high instead of a middle school like today. I never saw or even heard of the guy using the paddle. The threat alone was enough to keep everybody in line. There were also rumors of him being some half-crazed Vietnam war vet who was only going to be there one year and didn't care if he got fired. In retrospect I imagine he originated these rumors himself.

The thing about this is, a bandsaw and sandpaper is all you need to make one of these, or a broken canoe paddle! Someone will post huge fabulous reports about how wonderful this waste of money is and the yoyo will make his retirement package with it. It's just a PT Barnum gimmick, if we ignore it, maybe it will just go away?

I think it's actually a good idea. Sure, you could make one yourself. Then again, you could make a spatula to flip burgers. Or MacGyver up a set of tongs. Or make a grill fork. But many of us still go out and buy this kind of stuff instead.

Honestly time. How many of you watched that video and though about the times you tried to pull ribs with a set of tongs, only to have the rack break on you, or the tongs lost grip and shifted on you making you think you were about to drop them ? I know I did.

I reckon it is a time saver if one cooks ribs by the mother-lode quite often. Not something I would need though.

I have a huge brass Chinese "spider" I use for removing great quantities of vegetables when I used to do a St. Patricks day feast I have also used it in the turkey frying pot but, I don't fry very often most of the time it hangs, dejectedly, in the corner, looking lonely. Maybe I need one of these to keep it company?

I reckon it is a time saver if one cooks ribs by the mother-lode quite often.

As for the rest of us, it's a about as useful as one of these...

ef129acd4fc948472ea161645f60af03--japanese-inventions-crazy-inventions.jpg

Last edited:

Back