Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Spirit II Gas Grill Redesign

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Weber would do well to bring production back here, lose all the proliferation and duplication of lines and just concentrate on making a decent product again at a price that makes sense. As they're going now all I see is a useless proliferation of models and duplications and severe downgrade of the product(s) while jacking the price. It won't be long before we see the same exact products sold under a different name like B&D for half the price
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I have to agree Larry. Seems they are trying to fill every possible need and desire and in the process are over complicating their line and likely losing some of their simplicity and reliability.

As to bringing production back to the US, I would welcome that and maybe some changes in the tax code will help that happen over the next year or two.
    They have been sourcing and manufacturing grills and parts for over 10 years already. I really can't see it happening.

This is why the labels started saying "Designed and Engineered in USA" as there wasn't even enough actually MADE in the US (including the printing of the manual)!
    *Cooking Things: Gas GA, Q100, 14" WSM prototype, 18" WSM prototype, 22" red gumball, 22 blue gumball, smoky joe, SS Genesis... I think I forgot one or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert JS View Post
    Got some new information regarding the Weber 2018 lineup for gas grills that I thought I'd share to my original post here.

Quick Genesis update: Weber has added 2 SKU's to the Genesis II lineup. Similar to the SE-410 (stainless steel grates and flavorizer bars), there is a now a 3 burner SE model called the SE-310. There is also now a Genesis II S-310 which is the same as the SE-310, but it has a stainless steel lid instead of black.

As mentioned above, the Spirit line has been redesigned for 2018. The look is pretty similar to the new Genesis II which came out this year (open cart, low profile lid, iGrill3 compatability). However, the Spirits will keep the same burner tubes as the current Spirit line which comes as somewhat of a surprise to me. I guess those will be used to upsell to a Genesis II. There are 2 models of the new Spirit line, an E-210 and an E-310. Both models will come in 4 colors for LP models: black, red, blue and white.

Also new for 2018, all Weber Spirit, Genesis and Summit grills will feature a full 10 year warranty. Before, certain parts came with a 10 year warranty and all remaining parts had a 2 year warranty. From what it sounds like, all gas grills will now have a full 10 year warranty no matter which part you need replaced. This policy will apply to Genesis II grills purchased in 2017.
    Robert, are there stainless steel Spirit versions S-210 and S-310 or have those been dropped? If dropped, stainless is now a feature only found in the Genesis II lineup...and probably another upsell opportunity to Genesis.

Here are photos of the new "Spirit II" grills:

Spirit II E-210 LP in ivory, $399

Spirit II E-310 LP in red, $499

Spirit II E-310 LP in blue, $499

Spirit II E-310 NG in black, $499

And photos of the two new Genesis II grills:

Genesis II SE-310 LP, $749

Genesis II S-310 LP, $799

Seems like Weber has taken to updating the grills much quicker than they used to. It also looks like they are getting away from the cabinet form factor which I think is a good thing. Those colors are great looking, as long as the lids are still a quality ceramic coating and not some cheap finish.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

TVWBB Member
    I still wonder why NG grills can't come in colors. I'd have bought my Genesis 310 in green had it been available (it's not worth buying the parts new, but if it had been no-cost, sure). I get that they may not want to multiply SKUs, but it's just a simple door/hood swap.

The new Spirits look nice, I just wonder how the construction is. My father was looking hard at a Genesis II 3 burner, but ended up ordering a Broil King Sovereign 20 instead- it came in $100 less than the Gen II and felt better constructed.
    Performer , WSM 22" , Genesis EP-310 NG , Smokey Joe Silver, Summit Charcoal Grill

Sadly from what I have seen of the previous Spirit line quality is pretty much in the toilet and would only hope it goes up. But given the current management of Weber it's el cheapo on quality and high on price across the board. Sad

The new Spirit line looks great. Love the colors. My 2 friends that have bought Spirits within the last couple of years love theirs. One moved from a members mark to a spirit 310 this past summer. He said it was night and day difference in performance and quality.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I was in the market for a new grill.

If I was in the market for a brand new grill and I had that kind of cash, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one either. But, I don't have that kind of money and finding a grill to fix up and spending less than $100 total for a like new Genesis Silver B or 1000 seems a lot more appealing to me. I do like the new color options though.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

TVWBB Member
    I just got a Lowes email showing all Spirits reduced by $50, this must be the clear out before the new models appear. I don't need one but it may help someone trying to get into a Weber that doesn't have the interest in restoring one.
    2005 Summit Platinum D6 - "modified" 2001 Genesis Gold C - green

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12