Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My Redhead Rebuild

TVWBB Fan
    So forgot about testing the therm in boiling water had done this with my smoker therms thank J for reminding me, it reads 201 boiling so about 11 off no problem there you can account for that but no way to account for the temps the grill got up to no doubt in my mind they just stuck a propane connection on a nat gas manifold.

Had a tray rail drop it was one of the posts I repaired thought it was okay found it was not. You don't need a tap to fix it, Jeff had a tap I did not. Found something on youtube, fill the inside of the post with QuikSteel like Jeff did then take your screw coat it with wd40 in my case used 3/1. Push the screw into the post get it straight as you can let it sit for 3 minutes then turn the screw a half turn and then let it set I let it set for an hour. Back the screw out then screw it back in with the rail bingo its like brand new, really wish I had done all of them this way.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian B Atlanta; 10-22-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Brian, those flavo bars are great. THey are plenty clean.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

TVWBB Fan
    Thanks Bruce they should last a long time really in good shape and stainless so they will last longer cause till I find a propane manifold they really are not going to get used.

The thermometer might actually be pretty accurate. It is just in a different spot in the cook box. I did a turkey on my rotisserie a couple days ago. I have a Thermo Works Smoke remote therm and I put the ambient temp probe in the right side hole where the warming rack sits. I used that temp for my cook. The lid thermometer was 30-40 degrees off from that even though I was only using the front burner. Some day, I may try putting my ambient probe right next to the lid thermometer and see what the difference is.

But, yah, the boiling water test will give you an idea if the thermometer is off at all.
    Genesis 1000-Redhead Q100 Q1400

TVWBB Fan
    The last time I cleaned valves, I used Gas valve grease which I got at Home Depot. That is the same stuff I used back in the 70s when I worked at a propane store.
    Gary
    WSM, 2 genesis platinum series I, genesis platinum series II, ss performer, q 200, SJG

I have never seen it. I have never had an issue with the synthetic brake caliper lube with moly but I would be interested in finding that stuff

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011