Anyone using the aftermarket stacker units to expand capacity ?

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
I see Cajun Bandit has a stacker unit for the WSM.

Would add another grate.

Potentially another 2-3 pork shoulder butts to a load of 6+ already stuffed in there on a 22.5

Would you trust the legs to support this much additional weight ?

Mega capacity for big feeds is an allure of mine with my WSM, but not sure how these things would work out with bigger cuts.

Anyone ever tried one ?

I've got the CB stacker in use as I type this. I added cross bars to hang ribs and chicken. For stability I've got the drum section attached to the bowl with turnbuckles and eyebolts. I noticed about a 10deg. difference between the grommet and the top of the stacker.

I've got the CB stacker in use as I type this. I added cross bars to hang ribs and chicken. For stability I've got the drum section attached to the bowl with turnbuckles and eyebolts. I noticed about a 10deg. difference between the grommet and the top of the stacker.

Awesome.

Thank you.

First time I looked at 22 WSM up close, I thought to myself, "This thing could smoke a pile of food at once". Then, a year later a buddy gets up and running really well using a pair of them and his success had me convinced to go ahead and buy one last week.

I saw the CB stacker used in a video on Youtube and it really had me wondering about the ultimate payloads possible in these things.

I'm using stainless hooks on a chain to hang chicken halves. With the stacker I can hang about 14 chickens in the WSM. I'm hoping I can do as many rib racks. Hanging meat PBC style is another real advantage of the stacker.

I'm using stainless hooks on a chain to hang chicken halves. With the stacker I can hang about 14 chickens in the WSM. I'm hoping I can do as many rib racks. Hanging meat PBC style is another real advantage of the stacker.

That is a tremendous payload right there. 14 chickens !!!!!

I've never cooked anything hanging before, but I could see where it'd really allow some large cooks and no need to get in there and flip or move stuff around.

I'm gonna have some great fun with this WSM. Really looking forward to playing around with it.

I have a CB stacker for my 18.5. Got it to hang ribs. It works well, however I rarely use it since I made a stacker for the 14.5. I use that one all the time.
It's just my wife & myself so I don't cook that much meat at one time.

Back