Hate Cancer!

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Ever since my son passed 8 1/2 years ago, and both of my sisters kicking cancers a$$ 7 years ago, I have a deep hatred of cancer. We even had to stop going to the treatment center where my son took his treatments because Pammi and I got so emotional!
I had a thing on my neck that was getting bigger, so I had Pammi make an appointment for me at her dermatologist. The PA said it didn't look like much, but she sliced it off my neck just to make sure.
She then asked if she could look at my chest and back. I said ok, since I'd already paid the admission price.
She saw a spot on my belly that she said looked suspicious and sliced that off.
I wasn't worried about it until I got a call from the Thursday afternoon saying to call them back. I then started freaking out because I didn't get the message until after they had closed!
We called back the next morning and got ahold of the PA's nurse. She said that the cyst on my neck was benign and no worries there.
The one on my belly was a different story. The biopsy came back as atypical, precancerous. Whoa! They said it was caught in time, but I needed to go back and gave some more cut out just to make sure that got it all. Outpatient surgery and I'll be back to work the next day. Scary stuff, considering that I haven't had my shirt off in public for many years because of my hernia!
Guys, and ladies, get checked regularly. All over. It'll save your life!

A few years ago I saw a dermatologist for the first time and ended up having a malignant growth removed and they got it all. Two years later another malignant growth removed. No re-occurrences since then. Cancer doesn't run in our family but I spent a lot of time in the sun my whole life. I thought it only happens to the other guy but to everybody else I am the other guy. Get checked.

Hope that's it for you Phil.

And don't forget PSA tests and colonoscopy as well. No symptoms may be present but testing is mandatory.

Len, been doing the first for about 15 years and had the second 6 years ago when I turned 50. All good on those fronts. Or bottoms! ��

Glad it was caught in time. I had a little scare with an angry looking mole on my forehead, turned out to be benign, still scary though.

I had/have it

They removed a growing one in the bladder.
Seemed I was lucky as it was bleeding and I found out in time.

But I think we all have some of it its just a matter of time when its shows it real face.

I have seen many tattoos on younger ppl "Carpe Diem" (catch the day) but they forgot the rest "Memento mori" (remember you can die).

I dont save for a life after this

Both my sisters and I got brain cancer in 1990. Neither of my sisters made it. It was a brutal fight, I gave up more than once, but my doctors didn't. I have a sticker on my car, it say duck cancer. Kinda....swap the d for an f...

Good luck to you Phil. I can resonate because I have had numerous basal cells removed and even one melanoma (in situ). All from sun exposure many many years ago. I see my dermatologist regularly and have precancersvremoved are almost every visit.
Ray

Thanks for all the well wishes! And prayers/good luck to all currently fighting!
A coworker of Pammis had a seizure at school just before I went back to work. It turns out that she had a type of brain cancer that will get her eventually. She had surgery to remove the tumor and had a difficult time getting her faculties back after the surgery. Not sure how big the tumor was, but I've been told that when it comes back, it'll either be grape sized, or it might be melon sized. yeah, I pray for her and her young son nightly.

Just reread this Hate Cancer thread, ChuckO...so sorry too hear about your sisters passings.
Glad you made it, love your posts.

My neighbor got scoped a few days ago (one who's always bringing me bbq from him & plates of food/desserts from his wife--------and they bring scraps for Roxy too!)

I asked earlier today "how'd it go - good news?"

not what I wanted to hear...... bladder, they took a sample or cut out a tumor or ??? he'll have another examination in 3 weeks. He's 74, same age as my dad, plenty of life left in him (he's fun to ride motorcycles with, shoot, and work in his workshop).

I offered support "if you need anything", and "if you die, I'll do whatever I can for your wife", and then a pearl of wisdom from the Buddhists that never seems to comfort anyone: Life is Suffering.

Back