Jumbo Joe - what a nice little rig!

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
Put one together Wednesday evening. Not for me, but going to be a silent auction item for a fundraiser.
I was impressed by the quality of the parts, and the cooking space that you get for the money.
Plus it looks like it should be able to throttle the temperature pretty decently.

Also assembled a Q2200 portable gasser, but that was a MUCH more costly unit...

Out of the eight grills I have we use the Jumbo Joe the most, very fuel efficient and plenty of room for direct and indirect. Perfect for two people.

I think that I'll have to pick-up one of those "Vortex" units for my Performer. that should make it more efficient for when I use it for "just the two of us".
But if I were in need of a portable charcoal unit - JJ would be at the TOP of my list (maybe get a stainless grate for it if I used it a lot)

If anybody in the Wisconsin area wants to bid on one (or on the Q2200) for a good cause - PM me about the details!

Yep, the JJ are great grills. We are heading over to some real close friends this weekend. I gave him one for a gift last year. I am planning on taking mine and having dueling JJ's.

I'm impressed with the real estate on the JJ.

Bought one yesterday and looking forward to cooking some grub on it soon.

Back