Hello from Georgia !!!

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
Howdy folks.

I had my last Weber, a kettle, some 20-some years ago during college life and beyond. It was a highly versatile grill that saw me through some fun times.

The last several years I've been using kamado grills for cooks for my small family.

I've been wanting to expand the smoking capacity and a friend who owns the same kamados suggested I buy one or two 22.5 WSM.

He's been using a pair of them with great success this past year.

I took his advice yesterday and bought a new 22.5 WSM of my own.

I'm looking forward to having fun with it and doing larger cooks for work, charity events and traveling with on visits with family living out of state.

I have a 10-year old nephew how is very involved with scouting and camping.....I think he'd go nuts over one of the smaller WSM units.

Played around with the grill some in my garage earlier today and noticed the lid simply will not sit on the main chamber without a good bit of wobble.....no mater how I rotated it there was that wobble. It's enough that I feel it'll leak badly based on my experience with smokers.

There is a small notched out section on the top rim of the main chamber and a pronounced flat spot ( a seam, I presume) running downward the full length of the main chamber at the same location as the notched out section.

I'd registered the grill yesterday as soon as I got it home.

I emailed this in to Weber's customer service and also attached pictures.

I'm hopeful we can get this sorted out swiftly and I can be up and running on this thing soon.

Felt good to get another Weber after so long of an absence....hoping that I can run it as effectively as my buddy who recommended it. He's coached me up on some great sauce and rub recipes so I'm confident.

Weber contacted me today.......a brand new center section is en route to me from headquarters.

Great times ahead.....

Welcome aboard. Weber customer service is great.

Thanks, Lew.

I was pleased at the speed and level of help with the issue.

Really looking forward to getting this WSM smoking some bbq soon. Weber customer service said the replacement part should arrive in 7-10 days.

Welcome DubfromGA. Glad you got your issue resolved with Weber. Now onto more important things like smoking.

Welcome DubfromGA. Glad you got your issue resolved with Weber. Now onto more important things like smoking.

Exactly.

Weber took care of me quickly and without a fuss. I'm already thinking that I've gotta get a kettle to go along with the WSM. Can't let it be lonely.

Welcome aboard, Dub!

I've been to northeast Georgia (Clayton area) quite a few times, but not lately.

Thank you, everyone.

Weber didn't mess around with my warranty issue.

Sent it to them late last week.

The center section was delivered today....less than 5 working days later.

Great service.

Gonna get this bad boy put together in the morning and get it smoking something tasty.

Back