How to Grill on the Genesis?

PaulD

TVWBB Member
Just restored a Genesis grill. I'm excited to get grilling, but I'm actually finding it more challenging to learn than I thought!

The Weber seems to cook so differently than my previous grills. Feels like I pretty much need to re-learn how to grill on this thing.

What tips do you have on how to grill with the Weber Genesis?

Some examples:
- When the manual refers to "medium direct heat" - does that literally mean "turn all 3 knobs to medium"?
- Is it ok to turn the dial in between two settings (such as, in between "medium" and "high" to get "medium high")?
- When the manual refers to "medium indirect heat" - the food goes in a row across the center row of the grill. So that means that space behind the food and in front of the food should not be used for cooking at that time?

Any tips, pointers, videos, guides, or threads on here would be a great help!

Thanks in advance!

- When the manual refers to "medium direct heat" - does that literally mean "turn all 3 knobs to medium"? Start there, you might have to go a little lower or maybe a little higher.
- Is it ok to turn the dial in between two settings (such as, in between "medium" and "high" to get "medium high")? Yes.
- When the manual refers to "medium indirect heat" - the food goes in a row across the center row of the grill. So that means that space behind the food and in front of the food should not be used for cooking at that time? Depends on what you are planning on cooking in that area.

You will get to know your grill the more you use it. I try to cook a complete meal on the grill if possible. Have fun, experiment, you will make some mistakes, we all do.

Back