OnlyFire burner tubes vs Weber

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with aftermarket burner tubes for Genesis grills. These get high ratings on Amazon.com and are less than 1/3 the price of Weber tubes. The burner tubes I am using are nearing their functionality and I am going to have to replace them soon. I figure, for $15.00, it is worth a shot. What do you guys think?

These will go on a Genesis 1000.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00X1UK3QC/tvwb-20

Everybody here I thought just did oem Weber that I didn't even know there were 3rd party manufacturers.

I have done all OEM up to this point. Mostly because I haven't seen a huge savings on the aftermarket parts. If there isn't much difference in price, I will go Weber for sure, but at less than 1/3, I can't overlook the savings. And, since they get good review (as good as OEM Weber), I don't see a reason to stick to OEM.

Disclaimer: I would definitely consider RCPlanebuyer grill grates and flavo bars as viable replacements for OEM, even with their higher cost. Their quality brings them to a comparable value point even with the price tag.

And yes, if you go on amazon or ebay, you will find several aftermarket manufacturers (chinese mostly) like OnlyFire. But their quality is suspect for the grill grates and flavorizer bars.

Well, I understand that and like the idea of OEM. But they have great review like I said and at 1/3 the price, I can afford to replace them three times in the same time a set of Weber tubes would last. I figure if I buy a set and they don't work out, it is just a $15 investment and next set I get Weber Tubes.

How much time after install do the reviews cite? Almost any tubes will work fine the first few months. Reviewers rarely come back, especially after a couple years, and update. Especially if it was only fifteen bucks!

Just thinking out loud!

It's a cheap risk. We don't mind putting in our own wrench time. The dollar per year math probably come out the same with an expectation of them not lasting that long.

All good points and points that I considered. I will try to come back in two years and update this thread with a review. :):rolleyes:

Actually, they are easy to uninstall and reinstall. So "wrench time" isn't a big deal. Besides, even if they were Weber tubes, they probably should be pulled every couple years and cleaned up any way.

Actually, these are the burners that I wound up purchasing: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00I9SFTNI/tvwb-20

Will do Rich. It probably won't be until next week. I had some trouble getting my payment to validate and it is being sent "economy" shipping, so it will have to be put on the next N. Korean ICBM and orbit the planted three times before it will land on my porch. Sometime early next week maybe???

For less than $15 a set, I figure I can just run them 4 or 5 years and buy a new set. It negates the need to clean them periodically.... :)

Last edited:
Bruce one of the reviews I read said they did not have as many holes as the Weber ones so will be interested on how close they compare so definitely interested in your review. I got to put a parts list for my own redhead still in the back of the pilot my labor did not show up last night to help me unload it no big deal.

OK, I promised to report back when I got the new tubes. They are Hongso brand.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00I9SFTNI/tvwb-20

My impression out of the box were that they looked very well made. One note was that they have round holes instead of the long rectangle ones of the old tubes. I put them in and they fit perfectly. First light up, the front one burned perfect but the middle and back one were burning a bit rich with tall flames and yellow tips across the majority of the tubes. I adjusted the air intake (opened them up) and the flames came right into line with the front burner. To tell you the truth, I don't even know how well the original burners worked as I never really paid any attention when I put them back in.

But, my initial thoughts is that they are a great buy. I will doing some steaks and baked potatoes tonight, but it will likely be a year or two before a real evaluation can be done. I am very happy with my buy at this point though.

Here is a picture of the flames:

UoPYEYa.jpg

Bruce, thank for getting back I think I am going to use them also my crossover is shot actual burners not bad might as well change them out now. I read the reviews and someone mentioned the holes were round but they actually thought they worked better than the Webers or something like that.

Well, I cooked the steaks and potatoes and they came out great. Seems like the tubes put out good heat too.

IoIWBdu.jpg

Bruce, thank for getting back I think I am going to use them also my crossover is shot actual burners not bad might as well change them out now. I read the reviews and someone mentioned the holes were round but they actually thought they worked better than the Webers or something like that.

My cross over tube is broken in two, and I ordered some of these burner tubes last week, as it is cheaper than what it would cost me for just a new cross over. They're meant to be delivered any day now. Good to know they should be good (at least in the short to medium term). I also ordered a new lid thermometer, so should be able to get an accurate temperature measurement.

Thanks for reporting back in these. My burners are fine but for 15 bucks i think I'll order a set just to have them for backup.

Greg, That is kind of what I was thinking as well. As long as they function well, that is what matters. I don't buy the longevity argument of aftermarket vs OEM. Even if these rot out after three years, I can buy a new set and still be way ahead. In fact, I could buy new ones every three years and not have to worry about cleaning the old ones after they get gunked up just like OEM ones eventually do. And It would be nine years before of changing them every three years before I would match the price of OEM.

Oh, also, is that thermometer you ordered a side mount like on the older grills or a center mount like on the newer ones. I need a new side mount one and was looking for a good source for that and future needs.

Last edited:
Bruce I just ordered one it was 14 bucks on amazon but I got the burners and other things so with free shipping and little sales tax it was a good deal. I get you do not have prime but with a wife and 2 college students it more than pays for itself plus I have netflix a prime member has a lot of stuff in the movie deal that netflix does not have.

In ATL I can order something on Friday night if its prime get it Sunday morning so for me the 99 bucks is more than worth it. I think prime has a 30 day trial period so try it out and make your own decision.

Weber 9815 Replacement Thermometer , Replacement Part 62538 this was on Amazon.

Back