Skyline 1200

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
So cause Jeff and Rich shamed me I am going on a 5 hour drive Sunday because they have traveled for their grills maybe it was not Rich but whatever.

Used Skyline Series Weber Grill

Was my dad's grill and my parents gave it to me. I have used it for 6 years. The grill is ~15-20 years old. I have replaced the burners, push button starter, and cover 2 years ago. The flavorizer bars 1 year ago. I am including the cover and the adapter to connect the grill to the propane tank. The adapter is sold at Ace Hardware and is ~20. Only place I have found to get the propane tank filled with the adapter on is at an Ace Hardware. No propane tank included. I use it all the time. Only reason I am selling it is because I upgraded to a new Weber! Needs to be picked up.

I still want the redhead but I can get this for now and if I want to find a redhead lid should be able to just swap it out. Through research I think it is a skyline 1200 which is the deep box and I confirmed with the seller it has 13 bars. Grate is original, bars and burner were Weber replacement so not stainless.

You know whats great he listed it at $150 dropped to $100 no hits then I sent him a email told him I was a Weber Junkie gave him all the stats which I learned from here told him I would would restore it and by the way looks good just a clean with some paint no rust on the left side of the firebox which he confirmed actually said almost no rust at all. He called me said $50 bucks he wanted it to go to someone like us since it had been in the family funny thing is I was going to email him back and offer him $50 bucks.

These grills have so much history in a family that it is not about what kind of money for some, its about going to a new owner that will preserve them and he told me that.

Heck only been here for a few weeks so to even make comments about history in a family really don't have the right but in this case think I am good.

That's a long way to drive for a grill. In a place like Atlanta, I'd just hang out and wait for a deep boxer to pop up nearby. But, to each their own. Safe travels and looking forward to the pics ;)

So cause Jeff and Rich shamed me I am going on a 5 hour drive Sunday because they have traveled for their grills maybe it was not Rich but whatever.

Used Skyline Series Weber Grill

Was my dad's grill and my parents gave it to me. I have used it for 6 years. The grill is ~15-20 years old. I have replaced the burners, push button starter, and cover 2 years ago. The flavorizer bars 1 year ago. I am including the cover and the adapter to connect the grill to the propane tank. The adapter is sold at Ace Hardware and is ~20. Only place I have found to get the propane tank filled with the adapter on is at an Ace Hardware. No propane tank included. I use it all the time. Only reason I am selling it is because I upgraded to a new Weber! Needs to be picked up.

I still want the redhead but I can get this for now and if I want to find a redhead lid should be able to just swap it out. Through research I think it is a skyline 1200 which is the deep box and I confirmed with the seller it has 13 bars. Grate is original, bars and burner were Weber replacement so not stainless.

You know whats great he listed it at $150 dropped to $100 no hits then I sent him a email told him I was a Weber Junkie gave him all the stats which I learned from here told him I would would restore it and by the way looks good just a clean with some paint no rust on the left side of the firebox which he confirmed actually said almost no rust at all. He called me said $50 bucks he wanted it to go to someone like us since it had been in the family funny thing is I was going to email him back and offer him $50 bucks.

These grills have so much history in a family that it is not about what kind of money for some, its about going to a new owner that will preserve them and he told me that.

Heck only been here for a few weeks so to even make comments about history in a family really don't have the right but in this case think I am good.

Well it turns out should have checked with the wife we have plans tomorrow which I forgot about so no road trip.

Dave I think you are right I just need to be patient and find something within a reasonable drive. I really love Chris's Genesis 2 redhead if it takes awhile to find one so be it.

I thought it was you Rich of course I knew what would have happened driven to the end of the world for the black skyline then the redhead would show up locally then cursed myself forever cause I did not wait and get the redhead I really wanted all along. As my wife says patience is not one of my strong suits nor hers by the way so will wait keep checking craigslist.

Brian,
No shaming going on here ;)

If you wanna hold out for a Genesis 2/2000 that is fine as here in New England I have looked at several over the last year so I'm sure you snag one sooner or later.
If it's a lid issue no problem, pick up a nice clean example and the look out for red lid, two pins and it's an easy swap.

Not everyone has to travel like Rich and myself to find that unique Weber.

Oh and Rich- I got you beat...823 total miles to pick up my Platinum II and Genesis 5000 :eek:

Jeff

Brian,
No shaming going on here ;)

If you wanna hold out for a Genesis 2/2000 that is fine as here in New England I have looked at several over the last year so I'm sure you snag one sooner or later.
If it's a lid issue no problem, pick up a nice clean example and the look out for red lid, two pins and it's an easy swap.

Not everyone has to travel like Rich and myself to find that unique Weber.

Oh and Rich- I got you beat...823 total miles to pick up my Platinum II and Genesis 5000 :eek:

Jeff

Ha, just spotted a red head 3000 in the Chicago area just an easy 3600 mile round trip. Barb said go for it.... but something about don't come back made rethink it.;)

I thought it was you Rich of course I knew what would have happened driven to the end of the world for the black skyline then the redhead would show up locally then cursed myself forever cause I did not wait and get the redhead I really wanted all along. As my wife says patience is not one of my strong suits nor hers by the way so will wait keep checking craigslist.

Oh, if you had gotten the skyline and a red showed up shortly thereafter, no reason to kick yourself, just buy it as well. ;)

I don;t have anything against driving some distance for a grill. I've driven 6 hours round trip for one myself. In Rich's case, he waited and searched for 2 freaking years and never saw a red. That happens. Some colors/grills are plentiful in some places, and rare unicorns in others. Same thing with kettles.

In your case, you've been waiting what ? About 2 weeks or so ? And it's not like you live in Podunk with only 1 or 2 Webers popping up per month on Cl. I'm trying to remember when the last time was that I did a CL search on the Atlanta metro area and had fewer than 100 hits. Something is bound to pop up much closer if you give it a bit of time. Oh, also, Weber's on CL are somewhat cyclical/seasonal, even in the South. End of this grilling season, more will pop up as people finish using their grills and decide that it's time to get rid of the current one and get a new one next year. Then slight doldrums over the winter. Come spring, another nice little bump as people wheel out their grill, decide that it's old and they go get a new one.

Oh, btw, 13 bar Red Head in Marietta was posted today.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/d/weber-gas-grill/6241064907.html

00808_5QE9QI9D4sV_600x450.jpg

Dave no idea how I missed that yesterday sent him an email this morning. Its no more than 20 minutes from me, don't have to be anywhere until 12:30 so hopefully they get back to me this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

J and Dave thanks going to look at it tomorrow someone else interested also talked to the guy who owns it today cause I could not get there. If either of you gets a chance if you look at the photos on the lower right side of the control panel looks like some rust or like a screw hole bad not really sure you guys know more then me.

J and Dave thanks going to look at it tomorrow someone else interested also talked to the guy who owns it today cause I could not get there. If either of you gets a chance if you look at the photos on the lower right side of the control panel looks like some rust or like a screw hole bad not really sure you guys know more then me.

Well?? Is it yours??

Jeff

Yes I did posted details a few times not sure if there is something wrong with the site but will do it tomorrow. Maybe there is a limit to the characters but will try again. Good things and some bad but not so bad, Lid perfect and Frame perfect looked at the cross member on the left side of the firebox no rust on top so good there 13 bars good he replaced them with Weber a few years ago nothing more than surface rust but some other questions and details I want to add.

Maybe Chris can rename this thread found a redhead without starting another one so we can use this. Shout out to Dave he found this for me.

Back