How old is this Weber Summit and what would it be worth

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Hrlv7rR.jpg

kjltyYB.jpg

Supposedly it needs new flavorizer bars and a new cooking grate.

I am pretty knowledgeable on the older Genesis and Spirit grills as far as value, but I have no experience with the Summit and it is a newer model as well judging from the front control knobs.

Last edited:
I believe that's a Summit Gold B4 from 2003-2004. It was the 2nd least expensive Summit available which probably still put it in the 1200-1500 range.

Be careful on Summits as they can be pricey to restore. This model for example has across over tubes in the middle of the burners, which led to a welded set of flavorizer bars that are more than $100. RCPlanebuyer doesn't even make a set for this model as there's so much work involved.

Also, the lowe firebox isn't a one piece cast aluminum like the Genny. Rather, it has cast aluminum side pieces and stamped porcelain coated front and rear pieces. 4 parts in total, but you can't buy them individually. The front tends to corrode pretty badly, both where the burner tubes poke through into the firebox, and up on the top front where the grates sit.

If you blow up the pic showing the grates, you can see a couple of spots where the front of this one has corroded.

This isn't to say that one should never rehab a Summit. You just have to be very careful and pick the right one. I've done two now, a Summit Gold D6 which turned out great and a Summit 650 which I still own.

Btw, if it was in great condition and had been nicely refurbished, it would be worth $400 or so in my book. Meaning that provided the lower firebox looked OK, I would have no problem with investing a total of $400 between acquisition cost and parts to restore.

Thanks Dave. It is listed for $150, but it doesn't sound like the type of project I want to get into right now. It might be a great deal for the right person however.

Back