Carne asada, Chorizo, & Mexican rice for lunch today

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
2# of carne asada seasoned with Chef Merito's, think that's a little more than half a pound of Chorizo, there were some Hickory chips in the smokin pouch.

20369538_10209942115731418_6014366498427847576_o.jpg

I made some Mexican rice (America's Test Kitchen,,,,been making this version for about a year now). Not a lot of pics, but there were a lot of leftovers! Also used about 1/4 avocado per plate.

20280369_10209942115131403_8741975296144746548_o.jpg

Guess what I'll be having for dinner tonight?

...Oh BTW, I checked the mole selection @ the Mercado (a new one to me), they had 4 kinds - Dona Maria like I like, Dona Maria concentrated in the glass jar (I got some Mole Verde like this to try), and then 2 other kinds I'll pick up another day.

The meat we got said "Beef Clod" so I'm guessing thin sliced chuck across the grain would be about the same thing. Not sure what was different, but it tasted different (better) than I expected.

edit:>>>>>one thing I forgot to mention - the new guy took a chunk of onion sliced the root end off an unpeeled onion and rubbed the grates down with that to clean them. I've heard of doing that but haven't tried it - I wonder if that added any of the new flavor.

Last edited:
Beef clod is shoulder meat... Been using onion's to clean the grates for about 45 years and it works great, Doesn't add no flavor that I ever tasted

That first picture is a thing of beauty. That's BBQ! BTW, your Mole' will arrive 08/03/17 - I should have just jumped on my bad motorscooter and brought it out to you, I could have gotten a plate of this :) Too bad my bad motorscooter isn't street legal, LOL

Back