Changon BBQ Grillacue

I would think this would give you pretty much the same general results as the SnS. You have a few important aspects that you don't get with the Grillacue that you do get from the SnS. The SnS contains your coals so they are not directly touching the side of your kettle. If you have an old cooker that you don't care if the porcelain gets crazed and messed up than that would not be such a problem. But if you are going to use either of these products you'll be "banking" your coals on the side of the kettle, you WILL eventually have porcelain problems with the Grillacue if you use it much at all, especially for low and slow cooks. The regular SnS is only twenty bucks or so more, it'd be worth it to me to protect the kettle walls.

If you get the SnS plus then you'll also get added stability from the bottom tab and a bottom grate that will also keep the smaller pieces from falling through. The Grillacue seems to have a few tabs that fit down into the charcoal grate for stability, but I'm a little leery of stability issues with it.

I don't own either of these products, but I'd spend a little more and get the SnS any day.

I'll admit, it's pretty cool looking, but it is $70, you could come up with several alternative methods for a fraction of the cost (I used firebricks)

1a4dfc_7243b46fe25b46b18727566b19b18123.jpg

I put a double layer of foil on the side of the cooker to protect it from the coals. I made a deflector to do 2 zone cooking with, but I like the full length vapor barrier that this and the slow n sear offer.

Back