Genesis 3000 redhead side burner

JJMoss

Genesis 3000 redhead side burner replace

Hi - I recently rehabed my Dad's old redhead genesis 3000. While the grill itself is working great, the side burner is pretty useless. The flame it produces is very sooty and weak. In all honesty, I'd rather replace it with another side table for more counter space. Does anyone have suggestions on how to craft one? Where can I find the side brackets that hold the wood slats, or some facsimile? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
JJ,
You can easily make a shelf with SS brackets from rcplanebuyer or if you're handy make the "Z" brackets yourself like others here have done.
Several here have used cedar fence pieces from Home Depot or Lowes for the six wood boards used to make the shelf.

Jeff

Last edited:
You might want to see if someone might have a shelf their not using and they want to sell. You can post that in the buy sell trade category. Also so you know the shelf on the left will fit where the side burner is now. So a left hand shelf will work fine.
Here's a picture of my 3000 I converted to a 2000 and also added a right hand swing up shelf.
35905006325_e6fb92ec99_z.jpg

If the flame is sooty and weak than something is wrong. You need to clean out the venturi and such. IT should burn as clean as your stove. Those side burners are indispensable in my book. I use them all the time

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look on the trade forum, and I'll probably see if I can fix the side burner up too.

Back