first time wsm without water pan

Anne M.

TVWBB Pro
It's winter in my part of the world, so it was time to check out how the baby WSM behaves without a water pan.
In our summer, I ahve problems keeping the temperature down, even with the water pan full of water.
No problem this time!
(day time temperature around 18 oC (65 oF)

I used lump charcoal (as usual), just a bit more lit charcoal, as chicken can handle a bit more and a piece of acacia wood.

Belly pork and chicken thighs on the go
AplX5qDl.jpg

Top view
FUW1lOhl.jpg

Chicken is almost ready, belly pork can stay a bit longer
ogUjq8yl.jpg

And chicken is done
dh9tF5ol.jpg

And served
SRpIFb8h.jpg

I was happy!!!

Wow!!! That's a great looking cook!! I'm curious about that side dish...I see corn, tomato, and onion that appear to be mixed together. I've never thought of doing that, but it looks good. What did you season them with?

WOW!!! Anne, you you nailed that one our of the ball park. Everything looks fantastic outstanding job.

Thanks all :eek:

Wow!!! That's a great looking cook!! I'm curious about that side dish...I see corn, tomato, and onion that appear to be mixed together. I've never thought of doing that, but it looks good. What did you season them with?

You spotted that pretty well:
It's fried onion, garlic, tomato and sweet corn. I seasoned with a bit of fish sauce. It doesn't need much as the meat got a lot of flavour(and the veges as well)

Back