22.5" Water Pan Mod

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
I measured the diameter of the water pan holding straps and 19" was what I found. I .found an "Extra heave Duty" Pizza Pan online. This link is from my order confirmation email and hope it works. With shipping it cost $16.99 and arrived 3 days after I ordered.

https://www.centralrestaurant.com/E...m_source=central&utm_medium=orderconfirmation

The fit is so tight I had to force it into position so I may grind it down a tad.. I haven't foiled it yet but it should be easier than the water pan. I did a 2 hour cook yesterday with it in place and a drip pan under the meat. No change in the way the WSM operates. Time will tell on durability.

The fit is so tight I had to force it into position so I may grind it down a tad
Do you think the 18" would be the better way to go? I know I will get a Pizza Tin for my 22 one of these days, I really prefer them over the big ol' bowl

The water pan is 19" diameter and the tabs that it sits on is only about 1/2". I think that an 18" pan could easily fall off the tabs.

Back