Back at it with my HM / Full Configuration URL

Dominick A

TVWBB Fan
This is NOT an urgent matter like my last false alarm.

Along with flashing my SD card earlier, I also reset the configuration on the Heatermeter. I moved last year, and had gotten a new wireless gateway, so I thought I had read that was the only way to get it back up and running. I've been using my Heatermeter for shorter cooks without using the dashboard software, but this is my first overnight brisket since moving. I wanted to get my alarms on my phone going again and everything, but then realized I deleted all of that.

While I think I have it tuned pretty close to what it was before, after getting back into the software, I noticed my saved cooks were still there, so I was wondering if there is some place the earlier configurations get saved?

I'm really glad to see this thing is still thriving in this community. You guys all rock. I also got my alligator clip thermocouple pit probe finally hooked up similar to how Bryan described and it is much, MUCH better than what I had before through the top vent, especially if/when it rains.

Hey Dominick! Nope, the "full configuration URL" properties are never actually stored on the SD card at any time so there's never any backup of them It might be neat to have saved configuration profiles or something, although I'm not sure how many people would need to switch back and forth between configurations so it would just clutter up the UI. What does make sense though is to snapshot the current configuration when an archive operation is done and save it in the archive's metadata file. That would allow us to pull probe names too when viewing old archived graphs. I'll add this to the archive todo list.

Cool, thanks!

Should I not have reset my configurations after moving and getting a new wireless gateway? At some point, I'll be getting a new wireless gateway again, and want to make sure I have things just the way I like them. I suppose I can save the full config URL off some place on my own, but am just curious if I needed to do the reset at all.

No you could have just edited the config.txt on the SD card with the new wifi information and been good to go (or downloaded a new preconfigured image and flashed that). "Reset Config" mostly only wipes the HeaterMeter device information, the sd card's information is mostly kept intact (a bug in the current snapshot releases).

Back